News:

--

Main Menu

Batch processing broken?

Started by Manitu, January 03, 2015, 01:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manitu

Hi all

I'm encounting a problem with batch processing, but I'm ont 100% sure if I maybe do something wrong?
I use version 2.6.8 (x64) under Windows 7, but I've also tested the x86 version.

My understanding is that I can open a video, make all the settings and then choose the "Queue" menu option where I enter a name and the target file name.
To run the jobs, I have to start the "avidemux_jobs.exe" application, there seems not to be any option in the main application (was there in previous versions I believe).
But independent if I open the job manager immediately, close the video file or close the whole application, there never appears any job in the job manager.

One interessting remark: when I open the job manager first and then try to queue a file, it gives me an error that it cannot reach the database because job control might be running. so somehow it does operate on the same database.

Maybe this issue could be fixed? Many thanks.

Edit: tested the lastest available x64 nightly (141204_75df0921043), same remains. When adding a file to the queue, it sores the configuration in the .py file under "\AppData\Roaming\avidemux\jobs". But the sqlite database (jobs.sql) has no rows in the 'jobs' table.

Jan Gruuthuse

Leave Avidemux Jobs closed!
In avidemux 2.6.8: main menu: queue
fill in both fields
- Job name: job1
- select [Open]
-- browse to folder destination
-- Name: output1
-- select [Save]
- select [Ok]
Now open avidemux Jobs, check if job1 is present
Close avidemux Jobs again
In avidemux 2.6.8: main menu: queue
fill in both fields
- Job name: job2
- select [Open]
-- browse to folder destination
-- Name: output2
-- select [Save]
- select [Ok]
Now open avidemux Jobs, check if job is present.
Should look something like this:

Manitu

Hi
OK I see the issue. it seems to be a windows problem.
this queue-dialog requires that the path is entered with forward slashes "/" (eg: D:/output1.mkv)
when using the [open] variant, it works and there are forward slashes.
but when I enter the path manual with backslash "\" (eg: D:\output1.mkv), it comes to my problem described above.

a minor problem :)