News:

--

Main Menu

Minimizing the video size

Started by petertang, March 04, 2016, 02:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petertang

Hello everyone, my name is Peter and I am new to this community.
I have a question on video output. I have several videos wanted to be played in mobile device.
And I want to compress the video to the most minimum file size.
I learned mpeg4 (AVC) x264 is the best since it fulfills apple and android device, having the output format as Mpeg Muxer.
Meanwhile, I also learnt to change the bitrate to 500 kbit/second to minimize the file size.
I saw a lot of settings on config and filter in the software.
May I ask your help on anything else I should do to further minimize the file size of the video?
Many thanks and I am looking forward to your reply.

Jan Gruuthuse

If video resolution is bigger then your video display resolution: resize the video. Video Output -> Filters -> Resize.

EEMcGee

The settings depend on what kind of video, how much processing power you have, and how long you are willing to let it process a video.  if you are cutting size way down and still trying to get good quality it will take alot more processing power/time.  If you doing more than a few videos it would be worth it to read through an h264 settings guide and do some testing on a short clip of video to find the processing time and quality you are willing to live with.  If you happen to be doing animated video post it on here and i can give you settings I came up with to cut size way down while keeping it at 720P and good quality.