--

Main Menu

ffmpeg 3 branch : Status so far

Started by mean, June 12, 2016, 12:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mean

Pros
------
* Using updated ffmpeg 3.x branch, should help to read some files (e.g. vp9,...)
* Optimised non accelerated display
* Bunch of bugs fixed

Cons:
--------

Indexing h264 in TS is crashing on win64

mean

mean

It seems to be a compiler bug
Very close to that one: https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=60902
I'm trying to update the win64 compiler, which is always risky

mean

Seems to do the trick, it will take a couple of days to update everything

RoadRanger

Any chance you can enable the new dynaudnorm filter as an alternative to the sloooow -3db normalization option :) ? The -3db normalization also doesn't work well with "live" recordings that might have an occasional loud noise that ends up making the whole video super quiet :( .

mean

ok, both win64 & win64_ffmpeg3 rebuilt
There could be some side effects

mean

It's being merged into master
I'll remove tomorrow the _ffmpeg3 nightlies

RoadRanger

I uninstalled all other versions of Avidemux and installed avidemux_2.6.12_r160621_win64.exe
I loaded a project I just saved successfully with the release version with MMX disabled and it crashes in this version, even with MMX disabled. It's the OpenGL "Rotate" filter that crashes :( .

I've just finished cutting up an 11 hour video shoot into the individual bands with the released version - using the nightly build to save a couple .ADTS audio files. I'm now available to help you figure out why the Ffmpeg V3 isn't working as well on my system as the release version :) . What can I do to help?

RoadRanger

Hmm... No AVC codec? Crashed the first time I loaded the project.

Choosing the Mpeg4 ASP (ff) codec with all CPU options enabled it works!

If I load a project that used the AVC codec it shows as "Video""copy" but previews with the filters even though the filter button i grayed out.

Weird, now if I just start it up it defaults to all CPU options disabled? I set them all on and exited and it still starts all disabled?

mean

I forgot some plugins
Build are started, normally done in ~ 30mn

The key is debug mode it seems, something is not initialized

RoadRanger

OK, watching for it here  :) :
http://avidemux.org/nightly/win64_debug/

BTW, can't see where I'm supposed to set my timezone on this forum?

mean

RoadRanger

OK, works fine. I do see that all the CPU optimizations are off, with them all on it still works although I don't know if a debug version actually uses those? It will take about an hour to "save" this project so I'll report back how that goes.

mean

It's  slightly slower and the files are bigger, because they contain debug informations
It 's just to help track down the problem

Tomorrow i'll do a "not slower" but with debug information to see if it works
My guess is yes.