News:

--

Main Menu

append resets audio codec

Started by sundansx, August 01, 2016, 03:14:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundansx

I have a python project that I load that sets the audio codec to FAAC (aac).  It automatically loads the video in the project.  I then select "append video" and it appends the second video.  The videos are from the same camera and are the exact same a/v format and the original audio track is AC3.  The UI shows FAAC (aac) for the audio codec, but when I press save the video produced (and the report in the detailed section on the encode) contains AC3.  If I do the same thing again and then reselect AAC from the pulldown, the video produced (and the detailed report) is properly saved as AAC.  It almost seems as if the underlying setting get reset to "copy" when the append function is used.  Please fix.

edit:  I see this in the Windows 64bit 2.6 release and the 2.6 nightly (avidemux_2.6.12_r160730_win64) under Windows 10 pro

Jan Gruuthuse

Workflow:
Load video, append video then set audio track(s) afterwards.

sundansx

In my particular workflow, I load the project with the initial video upon startup (video, audio, and muxer) then the user appends further videos if needed.  I am using if for a wife-friendly family video editing tool.  I massage the proj file before I launch with some perl to pass in the video.  So, I don't think that workflow will work for me.  Thanks for the suggestion, tho.

Jan Gruuthuse

Before saving set the audio: appending video changes audio settings!

Jan Gruuthuse

sundansx

I already have a workaround that is more simple.  I just have the wife reselect AAC from the pulldown on the left and it will work correctly.  I am worried that any extra step like this would be missed and she would end up with a bunch of videos that will have the wrong sound and won't play in flash  I wanted to submit this problem so that it will be put in as a bug to be fixed in the future.  Where does one do a bugsub for this project?  If I can get some time, I will try to debug the problem and submit a patch, as I am a software dev.

mean

It is a minor bug, it will be fixed soon

sundansx

Great, Ill look out for the fix.  Thanks, Jan, for the suggestions.  Thanks to the AviDemux team for sharing their excellent application with the community.