News:

--

Main Menu

.ts file does not complete trimming

Started by jfr7sjek, April 18, 2017, 10:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfr7sjek

when trimming certain .ts files the trimming does not complete. these errors appear --> Too Short. The video has been saved but seems to be incomplete.--> Failed File was not saved correctly.  i have used the latest stable and nightly builds of avidemux with the same errors. when fixing the file with mpeg2repair which can also fix .ts files, i get the same errors. but, when i use a program named tsMuxerGUI 2.6.12, the trimming completes with or without using mpeg2repair. tsMuxerGUI does not have a visual timeline/trimmer. both tsMuxerGUI and avidemux may or may not use ffmpeg. tsMuxerGUI were last updated Jan 20,2014. this date may be relevant to the changes that ffmpeg made since tsMuxerGUI's last update allowing ffmpeg to trim those files within tsMuxerGUI and not trimming in avidemux. the log file and the link to a sample file are included below.

sample file link  https://www.sendspace.com/file/9x405t

mean

Seems there is a lot of duplicated timestamp
How did you get the files ? . Over the air capture ?

jfr7sjek

jfr7sjek

i have found a temporary fix. first i demux the .ts file with dgmpgdec158. then mux it with tsmuxer 2.6.12. afterwards the file properly trims with avidemux.
any update on what is causing this issue?

Jan Gruuthuse

DGDecode (AviSynth 2.5.8 or later), part of the DGMPGDec package, is a MPEG-1/2 decoder by Donald Graft

Probably: you could have done the same with avidemux 2.5.6

jfr7sjek

how do i complete the same steps only using avidemux? i am using avidemux version 2.6.12. are their differences between 2.5.6 and 2.6.12 that would allow 2.5.6 to demux and mux a .ts file?

Jan Gruuthuse

2.5 is framed based while 2.6 is time based
2.5 could process some SD tv better (MPEG-1/2 video)
If you find a working 2.5 version: load video and edit as you are used to.

I don't have a working Avidemux 2.5.6 any more (switch from Qt4 to Qt5 on ubuntu), so I'm no longer able to test this.

avidemux 2.6 can read and process .ts, Your .ts has issues

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: jfr7sjek on May 09, 2017, 03:39:06 PM
i am using avidemux version 2.6.12.

Why not the current release (2.6.20 win32 / 2.6.21 win64)? 2.6.12 is ancient.

Quoteare their differences between 2.5.6 and 2.6.12 that would allow 2.5.6 to demux and mux a .ts file?

2.6.20/2.6.21 demuxes and muxes transport streams quite fine, but it won't handle duplicated timestamps in heavily corrupted streams like your sample in copy mode. Reencoding the stream with x264 works when using Lavcodec as video decoder.