[Bug]OBS flv file Audio Issue - Version 2.6.20 and onward!

Started by PrinceVinc, May 23, 2017, 11:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrinceVinc

I had to revert back to Version 2.6.19 due to an Issue with flv files generated by OBS(Open Broadcaster Software)

I use this Software for Years now without issue, but this bugs me a little.

I record with x264 and AAC 162Bitrate 48kHz Sample.

When I save the File as mp4 with the -> Copy, Copy, MP4v2 Muxer Settings, the Audio Stutters/Distorts every few seconds.

This was not present in Version 2.6.19

eumagga0x2a

Please test with the latest 2.7 nightly. If the problem persists, please provide a sample source video.

PrinceVinc

But isn't 2.7 not still the Experimental Version? I wanted to use the Stable one :/

eumagga0x2a

Beyond issues with DXVA2 hw accel on Windows, 2.7 is probably more stable and bugfree than any "stable" release.

If you don't want to test yourself, please provide a sample.

PrinceVinc

Can't find the DL Link in Forum or Website :/ And the links I do find have several confusing Numbers along with 2.7.0

I usually download it here http://avidemux.sourceforge.net/download.html

But there is no 2.7.0

eumagga0x2a

Nightly builds are not on sourceforge.

http://avidemux.org/nightly

Pick the most recent one without "support" or "debug" in the folder name which suits your platform.

PrinceVinc

I have installed it and did a Test the exact same "issue" is present in version 2.7. after that I used the same footage in 2.6.19 and the issue was not present.
The Player I used was VLC Player latest release.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9l1wOl5qBWxMGl6Ui1JQXpiSVU?usp=sharing

There is a Link to a small Video File called Avidemux Test Video you (or whoever can actually solve this problem) can use to analyze the Bug.

As I said 2.6.19 does not have the Problem every Version after it has it.
The Problem is stuttering Audio after being remuxed to an MP4v2 in Copy Mode and "optimize for streaming (SLOW)" option enabled.

eumagga0x2a

Your source video has an invalid sample rate for FLV. Avidemux stubbornly holds to the spec and handles the 48 kHz sample rate as if it were 44.1 kHz.  You should remux the video in copy mode to another format (e.g. MKV) with a more tolerant application like ffmpeg before feeding the result to Avidemux.

ffmpeg -i "Avidemux Test Video.flv" -c copy fixed-avidemux-test-video.mkv

PrinceVinc

That is exactly what I don't want to do... I mean the old Avidemux works perfectly fine. So why did it change that Suddenly?
And I don't know hot to batch convert my Videos to MP4...

OBS is only able to do 1 at a time for some reason...

Not to mention the HDD wearing by all that extra Load of creating the same file again and then deleting the old one.

And I can't use MP4 while recording for the reason that if OBS or the PC crashes, my footage would be lost, which does not happen with FLV

To top it off... I have no clue about encoding so I have no Idea how ffmpeg works xD

Thats why I like Avidemux so much, it's straight to the point.

eumagga0x2a

Can you tell OBS to use 44.1 kHz sample rate for audio?

Or you could set the output container to MKV or MP4 in Avidemux (unsure if "optimizing for streaming" in MP4v2 has any real effect). The audio sample rate will still be wrong, but most players won't bother.

QuoteI mean the old Avidemux works perfectly fine. So why did it change that Suddenly?

Nothing changed in the MP4v2 muxer, no audio relevant parts were touched in the FLV demuxer. The internal ffmpeg was updated a few times for stability and security reasons, this might be related to the change.

QuoteI have no clue about encoding so I have no Idea how ffmpeg works xD

You wouldn't do any encoding (all codecs are set to copy), I've given you the command line.

PrinceVinc

QuoteI have no clue about encoding so I have no Idea how ffmpeg works xD

You wouldn't do any encoding (all codecs are set to copy), I've given you the command line.

But that is for a Single file. OBS can do single Files as well.
And don't forget about the HDD Wearing I mentioned.

So as I understand there is no real drawback in using the 2.6.19?
It's sad that the "new" version is broken in a weird way :/

Oh well. Sticking to the old one than for now.

I used to have a Program to batch convert FLV to MP4 but I forgot how it was called...It looked like a pink fuzzy Mouse...

mean

eumagga0x2a

Yes, now the correct audio sampling rate is detected which solves the issue with streaming optimized MP4v2 muxing --> fixed by [FLV/Demux] Probe deeper when audio is aac, not sure it is ok when SBR is used together with the core part [core/audio] Export AAC extradata decoding, thanks!

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: PrinceVinc on May 29, 2017, 06:15:20 AM
So as I understand there is no real drawback in using the 2.6.19?[/url]

If you use Avidemux as a single-purpose tool for OBS output remuxing to mp4 and nothing else like cutting TS containing HEVC video with AAC audio, opening MKV files and expecting correct FPS calculation, encoding to MPEG-2 etc. then yes, there is no "real" drawback.

QuoteI used to have a Program to batch convert FLV to MP4 but I forgot how it was called...It looked like a pink fuzzy Mouse...

There are quite a few FFmpeg GUIs around.

Anyway, Avidemux nightlies (and future releases) handle FLV with 48 kHz sampling rate AAC audio fine now.

PrinceVinc

Well that is cool, how come? xD

I don't understand what the command lines mean. But great! It works :3 Thanks alot!

And I am using Avidemux to combine Videos (of the same recording sessions) and sometimes cut them on Keyframes(if there is a looong boring part). So no re-encoding takes place.
Is it that what you mean?