News:

--

Main Menu

Intermittent crash when adjusting volume.

Started by fish, April 04, 2019, 07:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fish

I am experiencing an intermittent crash when trying to adjust the volume slider in v2.7.3. Simply by launching v2.7.3 and clicking on the volume slider, without loading a video can cause the crash, although the crash can happen when video is loaded. It's not a serious problem but better being without a crash than with one.
I have tried to come up with a series of actions that reliably brings about the crash but the best I can come up with is launch v2.7.3 and adjust the volume slider or  launch v2.7.3 load a video and adjust the volume slider.

I have attached the log file and crash file, these were written after loading a test video and adjusting the volume.

eumagga0x2a

Tried to reproduce such a crash on Windows 10, no success so far. The log doesn't show anything unusual or give direct hints like a failing assert or such.

fish

It took me 5-10 re-starts to get that crash all other tries the slider worked as it should. I also encountered it in v2.7.1 but because I rarely adjust the volume and it happens maybe 1 in 10 restarts, I didn't think it worth reporting.

fish

Just thought I would add a bit to this as I have just noticed another weirdness with the volume slider. Occasionally when using the ctrl+pageup/pagedown to mark in and out, this fails to set the marks. The GUI controls continue to function and the I and O keys continue also. This may happen only after 50-100 edits or every hour or so and was present in previous versions. What I noticed today though is that when this happens, the  ctrl+pageup/pagedown keys change to raising and lowering the volume slider. After a while the normal function of the keys returns. Again this may be just something I am seeing but it is consistent, although it does take a lot of time/use to see it. It is also just an observation and insignificant in terms of using the software.

eumagga0x2a

Sometimes the focus lands in one of the input fields in the Avidemux GUI (in the time display or in the audio delay combobox). In this case keyboard shortcuts stop working in the expected way until the tab button has been pressed to move the focus elsewhere.

fish

I think know what you mean about the input fields, when I change the container for example, I quite often forget to click on an empty area of the GUI to deselect that field. So when I use the up and down arrows the container changes. I am sure that is not the cause in this case. The ctrl+pageup/pagedown to mark in and out can be working as normal and then without any other action it switches to adjusting the volume. Then a minute or two later, work as normal again. It's just a curiosity though nothing more.

fish

Reading another thread about a few video filters being missing in some builds, I realised I forgot to mention the error message when adjusting the volume slider is ' ExceptionFilter - The application has encountered a fatal problem '. It's maybe not completely accurate, as I'm pretty sure no lives are lost because of the crash.