News:

--

Main Menu

Video not decodable after editing

Started by Mariank, December 17, 2022, 05:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mariank

Hola buenas tardes estaba editando un vídeo ya estaba terminando y de pronto la imagen se puso gris y no puedo volver a qué se vea. Cuando lo descargo se baja con esa imagen en gris con errores se puede recuperar?

eumagga0x2a

I am sorry, but I don't speak Spanish (not even minimal knowledge of the language, unfortunately), so I can only rely on Google Translate and common sense.

Quote from: Mariank on December 17, 2022, 05:24:51 PM(Translated by Google Translate)
I was editing a video, I was finishing it, and suddenly the image turned gray and I can't go back to what it looks like. When I download it, it downloads with that gray image with errors, can it be recovered?

Does this translation reflect what you intended to write? Because what you sent me per PM is considerably different and also much clearer:

Quote from: Mariank(Translated by Google Translate)
I had finished trimming many videos to make one and suddenly the image turned gray and I don't want to start again, I save it and it's still grey.

If you performed all the editing steps in a single Avidemux session (you didn't close the video or the entire application in the process), you can use Ctrl+Z to undo up to 50 last steps of editing. But this is only possible if you didn't close the video, which you probably already had done.

As you posted in the topic dedicated to latest Avidemux 2.8.2 nightlies, does it mean that you are using the latest Avidemux 2.8.2 nightly? If not, please upgrade.

You will absolutely have to start again from scratch to identify the step which results in a video which cannot be decoded. The classical way to create such a situation is to append videos which codec settings don't match perfectly and to try to export the result in copy mode.