News:

--

Main Menu

Why is the audio not working?

Started by vahan, October 29, 2023, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vahan

I have version 2.8.1. Everytime I try to watch something there while editing, there is no audio. Why is this?

szlldm

check Preferences/Audio/AudioDevice

vahan

I did. I set it to Stereo for Local Playback Downmixing, Win32 for AudioDevice, and it's not working.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: vahan on October 29, 2023, 05:29:49 PMEverytime I try to watch something there while editing, there is no audio.

Please specify Windows version you use and the properties of that something (please attach the output of MediaInfo for a file in question to your reply). Please also verify the issue persists with the latest available VC++ nightly build.

vahan

I am using Windows 11. I am trying to edit MP4 and AVI files.

eumagga0x2a

I just tested on Windows 11 22H2, and after updating Windows on 23H2 – the sound works fine for me.

"MP4 and AVI" says almost nothing about properties of audio tracks. Please provide the info requested.

eumagga0x2a

Just to be clear: I tested using a build off the latest Avidemux git master. Running 2.8.1 release doesn't make much sense as any defects not yet addressed in the current code can be fixed only in future versions (in future 2.8.2 nightly builds at best).

eumagga0x2a

One more addendum: Please make also sure that you install or unpack each Avidemux build into a separate, empty directory and never run multiple instances of Avidemux no matter whether the same build or – worse – different builds simultaneously.