2.8.1 need help to write script in python (a kind of batch/auto cutting)

Started by avi2learn, January 22, 2024, 10:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avi2learn

Hiiiii, I'm learing to write a script (also start learning python), but find some wired things. The aim of my script is to read timestamps and output file name from a csv file (which is exported from losslesscut), and then to cut and name files "automatically".
**Avidemux might support more format and convert powerfully, but no chance to multi-cut. Sometimes we can get a better version of original video, and need to re-cut it. That's why I'm thinking of write this script. ;)  ;)

1. As I searched in this forum, the script might not be able to read csv or txt files.
   So I paste the text info in the script, then read directly from string.

2. I need to spilit those text info into needed parameters, but split() function of python doesn't work as expected. For example, a string is "aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd", after splited by ",", the results are "aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd", "bbb,ccc,ddd", "ccc,ddd", "ddd".
   I solved this by using an own function.

3. As are read from string, timestamps (losslesscut use unit second, Avidemux use microsecond) need coverted from string to float. I was stopped here as float() funtion doesn't work. I add "import math". The warning saied "exception: G" (sometimes strange symbol instead of "G").

(sometimes commented lines of codes still causes error, I shall delete them...not sure if it's another wired thing)

Could you help me with that? Or it is just impossible?  :'(  :'( I didn't find much documentation about what TinyPy supports. Or is there other script language I can try?  Wish to hear any from you! Thxxxxx ;D  ;D

eumagga0x2a

Regarding correct use of split() method, you might find the topic https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,20393.0.html useful as a source of inspiration.

avi2learn

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 23, 2024, 12:44:31 AMRegarding correct use of split() method, you might find the topic https://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,20393.0.html useful as a source of inspiration.

Thanks @eumagga0x2a, I wrote a simple function to split timestamp and name of cut (the name sometimes is empty, and I might try later to keep "," in name as timestamp and name are separated by ","... The structure is quite simple in my case as I only need to cut them in 3 part).

The string to float (memtioned before as problem 3) is solved, I wrongly used ui.displayInfo() to show results >.<

So far, I successfully use the loop to cut a whole video by existed timestamp from .csv file. The only problem now is how to read strings directly from files.  :'(  :'(

Thanks and looking forward to further news~

avi2learn

Full codes to implement the function above is pasted here. Wish it helpful in some cases. I paste the time-name information from .csv file, which is exported from losslesscut (use senconds as units). It might support other software's time files in same format. If I found the way to read .csv file directly, I will update ;)  ;) 

P.s. could it be written to a plugin? I'm using Macos...for writing plugin, should I change to a Windows?

#==========================================
# Title:  Avidemux's batch-cutting with time file (exported by llc)
# Author:  @avi2learn  (in Avidemux Forum)
# Date:    2 Feb 2024
# Version: 1.1.2
# for learning and discusion only, editable and changeable
# please don't repost the same to other platform
# DO NOT use for any commercial purposes
#==========================================

# import math
gui=Gui()
adm = Avidemux()

#please paste time, names from .csv file (i.e. exported from llc) in ""
#unit [seconds], no "," in name
times_name = "520.138022,625.58368,xxxxx
626.760901,678.214733,sssss
1519.422144,1595.217549,sssssss
2247.694271,2418.549715,ddddd
2421.845836,2522.275592,wwwwwww"

#decide if auto sequencing, 1 -> yes, 0 -> 0
noFlag = 1

#auto sequencing with certain format,default: (No.)-(name)
def add2name(i, cutname):
    xname = ""

# [i] is number,[cutname] is name
    xname = str(i) + "-" + cutname

#FYI, example below indicates the result:【5.(No.)】(name)
    #"【5." + str(i) + "】" + cutname

return xname

# spliter, accept empty element
def mysplit(delimiter, strng):
    A = ""
    B = []
    for i in strng:
        if i != delimiter:
            A += i
        else:
            B.append(A)
            A = ""
    # Append last word
    B.append(A)

return(B)

#choose a video file to cut. if prefer drag in UI, delete the following 3 lines
inFilepath = gui.fileReadSelect("Select input file")
if not adm.loadVideo(inFilepath):
    raise(inFilepath)

#choose a folder to save output cuts. if always same folder, delete following 5 lines and type: outdir = "(文件夹路径)", no "/" at end
try:
    outdir=gui.dirSelect("Select the target folder")
except:
    gui.displayError("No output folder selected", "bye");
    return

#default parameters,default output as .mp4
adm.setHDRConfig(1, 1, 1, 1, 0)
adm.videoCodec("Copy")
adm.audioClearTracks()
adm.setSourceTrackLanguage(0,"unknown")
if adm.audioTotalTracksCount() <= 0:
    raise("Cannot add audio track 0, total tracks: " + str(adm.audioTotalTracksCount()))
adm.audioAddTrack(0)
adm.audioCodec(0, "copy")
adm.audioSetDrc2(0, 0, 1, 0.001, 0.2, 1, 2, -12)
adm.audioSetEq(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 880, 5000)
adm.audioSetChannelGains(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
adm.audioSetChannelDelays(0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
adm.audioSetChannelRemap(0, 0, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
adm.audioSetShift(0, 0, 0)
adm.setContainer("MP4", "muxerType=0", "optimize=1", "forceAspectRatio=False", "aspectRatio=1", "displayWidth=1280", "rotation=0", "clockfreq=0")

lines = mysplit("\n", times_name)

i = 0
for cutline in lines:
  i += 1
  #gui.displayInfo("Cutting: " , str(i) + "-" + cutline)
  cutnow = mysplit(",", cutline)
  # start, end point
  cutStart = float(cutnow[0])*1000000;
  cutEnd = float(cutnow[1])*1000000;
  #naming content
  cutName = cutnow[2]

# when noFlag = 1, auto sequencing, format can be changed in add2name()
  if noFlag:
      plusName = add2name(i, cutName)
  else:
      plusName = cutName

#set markers according to start, end point
  adm.markerA = cutStart
  adm.markerB = cutEnd

#output cuts, default as .mp4, can be changed (also with parameters above)
  fileName = outdir + "/" + plusName + ".mp4"
  adm.save(fileName);

jimmyjim

If you are using python (i've never used it), I recommend asking the user for the csv file and reading the csv file into the script: https://www.w3schools.com/python/python_file_handling.asp

Also, if you are using loselesscut to get the timestamps, why not just cut the video with it?

avi2learn

Quote from: jimmyjim on February 10, 2024, 03:10:15 PMIf you are using python (i've never used it), I recommend asking the user for the csv file and reading the csv file into the script: https://www.w3schools.com/python/python_file_handling.asp

Also, if you are using loselesscut to get the timestamps, why not just cut the video with it?

Hi Jimmyjim, thanks for your imformation. As I tried, the tiny python script in Avidemux do not support to read from .csv or .txt files (or maybe only my version can't). And for the second question, Losslesscut is powerful but it doesn't support as more formats as Avidemux. Some of my friends cutting from .ts files, there are sometimes problem with the sounds (not going correctly with the frames).