Can Avidemux improve the look of a 480 trailer?

Started by Murray24, June 26, 2024, 10:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murray24

I just downloaded Avidemux last night and so far imressed with all the things it can do. Im a real newbie and dont know alot about all this stuff sorry.

I have a number of 480 cinema trailers mkv that I would like to convert to 1080 and improve the look, can Avidemux do this for me?

Also some are 29.97 fps, can I convert these to 23.97 fps without them looking too choppy?

szlldm

You can try the "A.I. Enhance" filter. Be aware that it's using is very CPU intensive.

Murray24

Quote from: szlldm on June 27, 2024, 04:55:43 PMYou can try the "A.I. Enhance" filter. Be aware that it's using is very CPU intensive.
I cant find any AI Enhance under filters, is that the correct name?

szlldm

Murray24

Quote from: szlldm on June 28, 2024, 07:29:41 AMAre you using 2.8.1? Its available in 2.8.2 nightly builds (https://www.avidemux.org/nightly/)
Im on 2.8.1 but Ive looked at that link and I dont understand which one I need to take to move up to 2.8.2, can you help me please?

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Murray24 on June 28, 2024, 07:41:17 AMI dont understand which one I need to take to move up to 2.8.2

I don't see you having provided any information about the operation system, but for a supported Windows (64-bit 10 or 11), you should take the most recent build either from vsWin64 or from win64 directory. Just never mix different versions in a single program directory and never run any two Avidemux instances simultaneously.

Murray24

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on June 28, 2024, 04:39:39 PM
Quote from: Murray24 on June 28, 2024, 07:41:17 AMI dont understand which one I need to take to move up to 2.8.2

I don't see you having provided any information about the operation system, but for a supported Windows (64-bit 10 or 11), you should take the most recent build either from vsWin64 or from win64 directory. Just never mix different versions in a single program directory and never run any two Avidemux instances simultaneously.

Many thanks, I did get 2.8.2 in the end thank you. I also upscaled a few 480 trailers but the results really wernt crash hot. I have Topaz Video AI and its doing a better upscale and clean up, but they have lots of settings one can choose. However I think the guys from Avidemux are still working on their AI Enhance, I really hope they can come up with something as good as Topaz Video AI.

I only just found Avidemux and did a cleanup of a 1080p BD rip that the contrast and brightness was washed out, Avidemux really did a wonderful job on that rip.

Thank you developers!