A timeline view to allow for basic editing.

Started by paul92, July 22, 2024, 05:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul92

Hi all.

Running Ubuntu, and it's actually frustrating, as I am yet to come across a decent editing tool, and using about 5 different programs in cases for one video.

I am restoring music videos.

I use AVIDemux, as it allows me to effortlessly cut through large video clips, without the need to re-encode, which as really saved me a tremendous amount of time. I can also do things like extract audio, and remove unwanted soundtracks,again without needing to re-encode.  Handbrake allows me to slightly upscale if need be, I also use FFmpeg's delogo tool. It would really be nice if there was a tool which allowed me to drag the area around the logo, and it automatically enters the FFMPEG peremeters without the need to manually work out co-ordinates.

A lot of my work involves removing substandard audio, and replacing with a higher quality source - for that I'm currently using Kdenlive, but unless I manually enter in the specs of the source file, Kdenlive automatically re-encodes the video, and I suffer quality loss, and manually entering things such as the bit rate, etc is extremely frustrating.

I wish that AVIdemux had a timeline view which allowed me to mark certain parts of the audio, and allowed me to replace it, and to drag, and synch it...

What I'm doing eventually works,but it's extremely frustrating, and that's one thing about Windows, as processes are a lot more automated, where as Linux it's far more of a manual command driven system, which I don't mind, as I have ChatGPT to assist with commands, but I just wish that my video editing was more simple.

Thanks

Geo_log

Quote from: paul92 on July 22, 2024, 05:06:22 AMI also use FFmpeg's delogo tool. It would really be nice if there was a tool which allowed me to drag the area around the logo, and it automatically enters the FFMPEG peremeters without the need to manually work out co-ordinates.
Open "Filters" - "Sharpness" - "MPlayer delogo2" and roughly drag the area around the logo.
Then tick "Preview" and finetune with numbers in X, Y, ...
This "MPlayer delogo2" filter can be partitionised too (Shift+P).

szlldm

You can do the upsaceling and the delogo operation in Avidemux, ofc. you have to re-encode (just like in the case of Handbrake, or FFmpeg).

There are two delogo filters in Avimdeux, "MPlayer delogo2" and DelogoHQ. The first one is very easy to configure in a GUI with preview. The later is more timeconsuming to configure, but the results can be much better (it's better for non rectangular logos).