News:

--

Main Menu

Audio Source

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, December 13, 2011, 12:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

In avidemux 2.6 menu Audio there is only this Option: Main Audio Track: Track from Video.
Can we have there the same option/functionality as in 2.5.5? Audio Source: Video, None, External AC3, External MP3, External WAV
As 2.6 handles videos (HD TV) not handled in 2.5.5?

zakk

Now it does.
But when I select an external audio, I get "Some tracks are used multiple times". Even with only 1 track !!!

Jan Gruuthuse

Any specific combination? Had a quick test replacing (copy) mpeg-ts audio track with mp3, that did work. Some re-encoding mp3 to aac (faav) did leave me with no sound on the audio track. aac(lc) did work.
with r8196 non windows.

zakk

Windows r8196 any *.ts + external mp3 or mp2. (even copy mode).

Jan Gruuthuse

On gruntster or mean build / 32-bit or 64-bit? If 64-bit try with 32-bit. Small differences between those.

zakk

Jan Gruuthuse

Deleting settings\config2? Sometimes removing this one helps. Should be rebuild upon start of avidemux. Rename or move to somewhere safe just in case!
If that did not work.
See if mean or gruntster have suggestion on this issue?

zakk

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on October 02, 2012, 11:43:46 AM
Deleting settings\config2?
Well done! I wonder what option it was.

Jan Gruuthuse

If you still have copy you can compare. I do often forget to remove this one, should be the 1st one to do. Think it was nibbles that did pointed that one out.

JayMan

The file I have has 5 audio tracks. If I select 0 though 3 all is well. But if I try to select track 4 I get this error.

Any thoughts?

Jan Gruuthuse

If I remember correctly: you can only have 4 tracks active.
You could extract audio files and reinsert these with mkvtoolnix in mkv file format container.

JayMan

You are correct, but I am not trying to have more than 4 tracks. I am trying to select the 5th track in the source to be the 1st track, or 2nd track, etc, in the target.
I tried a bunch of versions and it works in avidemux_2.6.8_win32_v2

So question.....
I want to use version 2.6.3 due to the ability to append files by dragging and dropping onto the program screen (from 2.6.4 forward you have to drop the file on the titlebar - which I find cumbersome). So how can I merge the two versions together.
What file was modified in 2.6.8 that fixed the audio select issue, and would it work to copy it into 2.6.3?

Or is there a setting in 2.6.8 that would allow me to drop a file anywhere on the program screen?