V2.5.6 - Error message at startup

Started by Grobe, February 23, 2012, 08:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grobe

Os = XP sp3, Norwegian

I refer to jaydear's thread and I had similar issues.
Like jaydear, I had Zonealarm installed too, so I decided to try to uninstall ZA.

After uninstalling ZA and computer restart, I got this error message when opening Avidemux (copy from clipboard):
---------------------------
avidemux2.exe - Fant ikke startpunkt
ff_se_golomb_vlc_code startpunktet for prosedyren fantes ikke i biblioteket for dynamiske koblinger, avcodec-53.dll.
OK   

Since this is an error message for norwegian windows, I'll give it a try to translate. But it will probably not be equal word by word as the english version of the error message.

avidemux2.exe - Could not find any start point
ff_se_golomb_vlc_code The starting point for the procedure did not exists in the library for dynamic links, avcodec-53.dll.
OK   

After that, the main window actually opens and Avidemux seems to be working.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Agent_007Have you tried to reset AVIdemux settings by removing %appdata%\avidemux6 and %appdata%\avidemux folders?
If this fails: uninstall avidemux and install again.

Grobe

Hi.

I followed your instructions and now Avidemux seems to work.

When I think a little deeper, I have an idea of what went wrong in the first installation (unfortunately I cannot remember excactly)
I use to install all programs on a seckond partition in order to save space on C (where windows is located). In most cases it works, but some programs that is very bounded with system (drivers etc that cannot run in portable mode (without being installed first) )  I always install on "c:\programs". So I assumed that this was working with Avidemux too. I was wrong.

However, I think that I did run a previous version before installation of 256. That too could make Avidemux too malfunction.

So what I "did right" this time was to install Avidemux where it proposes to install. Not on the other partition.

Thanks to your tip, I can see forward to take the program in use  :D