News:

--

Main Menu

everything out of sync and can't save video

Started by Isis, February 25, 2012, 06:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isis

I don't know if I'm in the right part of this forum, so sorry if this is the wrong place to ask for help. I just downloaded the program (Windows 32 version), and can't get it to work at all.

I have a 5 hour, 1GB MP4 from Ustream. When I open it, I get a message that it's a x264 something or another (sorry, my computer can't handle the program and my browser at the same time, so I don't have the exact wording), and I'm given an option to proceed, which might cause a crash, or some other option that might interfere with accuracy. I've tried both options.

When I play the video, the audio is totally out of sync on both options, so according to instructions in the wiki, I clicked on the bit rate map (or something like that) under Audio, which did absolutely nothing.

I know the exact times in the video that I want to cut, so I pulled the slide under the video to the first location, clicked on A, then slid it to the second location, clicked on B, and tried to save the 5 minute excerpted video (even though video and audio did not correspond with what I see and hear in my media player - everything it totally out of sync, but I thought I'd at least try it out).

I immediately got a message that the video couldn't be saved because of some key frame issue, and was told to move A, how, and to where, I don't know.

I'm really at a loss here. Is there a simple tutorial that doesn't presuppose that I'm a tech-whiz? Could someone explain to me what I'm doing wrong, please?

Thank you.

Jan Gruuthuse

some videos are handled better with avidemux 2.6 experimental: see if this one helps: http://avidemux.org/nightly/win32/

styrol

Quote from: Isis on February 25, 2012, 06:00:55 AM
and was told to move A, how, and to where, I don't know.

To a keyframe (intraframe)! Frame Type = I.
Use the corresponding buttons:

Isis

I did use the key frame buttons when I set the markers, but the program still complained. I really wish there was an option to just enter the exact times for A and B, rather than having to scroll along the video. It's so much more precise than doing it visually. Is there such an option, and I just missed it?

Jan Gruuthuse, I haven't tried the link you sent yet. There are two links, and I'm not sure which I'm supposed to try. Also, how do I find out the system requirements for it? I have very limited RAM. I've never installed a program like this from a zip file. Once I unzip, is there a simple installer, or do I have to do it manually (which I don't know how to do)? Thanx so much.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Isis on February 26, 2012, 02:57:45 AM
I did use the key frame buttons when I set the markers, but the program still complained. I really wish there was an option to just enter the exact times for A and B, rather than having to scroll along the video. It's so much more precise than doing it visually. Is there such an option, and I just missed it?
Scroll along the video as you're used to. The A marker can only be at keyframe using only << Keyframe zurück (backward) or >> Keyframe vorwärts (forward) and not < or > buttons. If you need to join clip: same rules apply for B marker. If B marker is end of clip you can use < or >

QuoteJan Gruuthuse, I haven't tried the link you sent yet. There are two links, and I'm not sure which I'm supposed to try. Also, how do I find out the system requirements for it? I have very limited RAM. I've never installed a program like this from a zip file. Once I unzip, is there a simple installer, or do I have to do it manually (which I don't know how to do)? Thanx so much.

Sorry my mistake that is an update not an installer. Avidemux 2.6 7740 21 Feb 2012 32-bit(11.2 MB) installer can be found here:
http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/

Avidemux_r7740_win32.7z 12.3 MB you need 7zip to unpack http://www.7-zip.org/ if you can't open the compressed file?
With 7zip installed, right mouse click on the downloaded file and choose unpack here. You should now have a map Release go in the folder. Open a second window browser and go to where avidemux 2.6 is installed.
You can find that location by checking the properties of avidemux3.exe. Now move all content from Release to where avidemux 2.6 is installed.

Isis

Yeah, I used the correct keyframe buttons, but that version just didn't work for me at all. But the version you sent me to worked wonders.

I went straight for the installer, since the process of the zip files is a little confusing to me. Everything was in sync, I discovered the Go to time option, and manually set the beginning and end of my clip, and had no problem saving the file. No pop-up complaining about the format of the original either. What a difference another version makes!

Thank you so much for your help, Jan Gruuthuse.

Jan Gruuthuse

Your welcome, no thanks for me, big thanks to the developers for this lovely piece of software.