Previous topic - Next topic

mean

The merge of the multiple audio branch has started
Expect issues

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote** Failed at make**
Solved in r7795 ** Failed at make** FIXED

nibbles

@Mean congrats.  I was reading the commit a little bit and notice the nifty LU's...

printf("Adding Filter %s -> %"LU"... \n", filter, filterTag);

No more PRIu32's I guess is the reason so it reads easier?  Or are there still 16bit operating systems with a 16bit integer where you have to specifically write that as long int to get all 32bits?

mean

It only works for 32 & 64 bits
16 bits wont work as it is assumed an int is at least 32 bits

Jan Gruuthuse

Preliminary test shows the existing multiple audio tracks are kept when saving MPEG-TS .TRP to .TS. The Audio Track Configuration looks promising. Nothing functional yet?
Anything else that should be given attention? You gonna like this one zakk.

mean

The UI is not finished
I'm updating the python part to have working save/load project and will finish the UI just after that

zakk

Wow! Just great!
I've done only one try so far (in copy mode): h.264/mp2/mp2.ts to mkv: perfectly synchronized.
This saves a lot of disk usage, Thanks very much!

zakk

Mean, any approximative delay before we can encode audio and/or select tracks with this new version? Thx.

mean

A few days, i just need to bind the UI .
It contains some logic so it takes some times

Jan Gruuthuse

Detection of tracks works. Audio Tracks Configuration still not functioning, I guess? Don't know how far things are already implemented? Just in case, my findings/remarks:
  • Track numbering is not the same: 1, 2, 3 for track(s) present and 0,1,2 for the track itself. Would be easier and less confusing if same numbering is used and both started from 0 (easier software wise). See red marker 1st picture.
  • Found tracks are all selected 0, hope this is not staying this way? found track 0 selected track zero, found track 1, selected track 1.
  • When editing and saving, in the same video: track settings are not remembered and go back to default. Yellow markers on both pictures. If I'm to early with this, forget I even wrote it here.
Can we have some indication what each found track is? MP1, MP2, AC3 and possible channel indication 2.0 2.1, 5.1 and whatever you did come across. Still looking promising and nice job done. Some audio tracks have labels or flag telling if this certain language or an descriptive audio language, would be nice if these would be implemented at a future date.

gruntster and mean, sorry to trouble you with this

mean

zakk

mean

The UI should be ok
BUT:

What works  :
* Copying several tracks
* Encoding one track

What does not work
* Encoding several tracks. There's a bug somewhere

Jan Gruuthuse

Nice work maestro. Did test arte HD .TS (satellite), was easy to move tracks from position. Lot of users going to like this feature. Moving dolby track to track zero 0 or away.

mean

should be okay now (encoding several tracks)