transparency/alpha in png images feature request

Started by treaki, March 23, 2012, 07:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treaki

hi,

today i wanted to fast insert a logo in a video file so i opened the avidemux that is installed on my debian 6 (Avidemux 2.5.4) and addet the png image under video->filters.

unfortunately the alpha/transparency of the png image was ignored and painted black. i would like to insert logos with transparency in avidemux. please implement this feature.

greetings

treaki

Agent_007

I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

treaki

Jan Gruuthuse

• IIRC: If I Recall/Remember Correctly.
  • Broken: png transparency is not working.
  • Kind a works with jpg:
1st with alpha on 255, 2nd with alpha on 45. If this is what you're looking for. Don't know if png transparency fix is for the avidemux developers or other developers (library, ...)? And how high this is on their priority list?

treaki

thank you for the response,

i know that it is possible to use a alpha value for the complete image, i am interested to use alpha youst for parts of the image but i think you understood this already.

i would be very gratefully if you could forward this interest to the developer team and someone could write me a mail if it was implemented.

thank you very much already.

have a nice day

treaki

Jan Gruuthuse

At the bottom use the button [notify] you should be notified if anything else happens in this thread. Only few people run the operation here and doing the program developing. Expect some more follow up, is not a promise: being a avidemux user/fan.