How to join videos with slightly different fps?

Started by DuckDaffy, March 28, 2012, 12:16:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckDaffy

Hi friends,

my photo camera Kodak Easyshare Z1080 IS create MOV video with slightly different real fps in every shot within cca 29.990-30.010 fps.
Maximal length of one 720p video is 30 minutes (EU direction???).

While I filming long events like lectures so I need to join more videos to one, but because they have different fps I got horrible sound sync problems with Avidemux 2.5.6.  :(

I tried to transcode all parts to mp4 with exactly 30.000 fps and join these, but not succes too...  :o

Is there any way to solve this problem please?  ???

Which method, hack or other tool can help me?

THX!

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: DuckDaffy on March 28, 2012, 12:16:12 AM
Hi friends,

my photo camera Kodak Easyshare Z1080 IS create MOV video with slightly different real fps in every shot within cca 29.990-30.010 fps.
Maximal length of one 720p video is 30 minutes (EU direction???).
Most likely: No. Have several recordings in 720p over several hours. Other container format:  mpeg-ts. culprit is more likely the restriction the format of the storage? size limitation of recording like 2 GB with avi?

QuoteWhile I filming long events like lectures so I need to join more videos to one, but because they have different fps I got horrible sound sync problems with Avidemux 2.5.6.  :(

I tried to transcode all parts to mp4 with exactly 30.000 fps and join these, but not succes too...  :o

Is there any way to solve this problem please?  ???
Maybe extracting audio 1st, joining audio in audio editor, when video is assembled, exchange videotrack?

styrol

Try Avidemux 2.6 in copy mode and resample fps if you really have to.

DuckDaffy

Quote from: styrol on March 28, 2012, 09:19:41 AM
Try Avidemux 2.6 in copy mode and resample fps if you really have to.

I tried Avidemux v2.6 release 7819, but original MOV cannot be opened "Cannot find a demuxer for...".

However when I tried to join (copy mode) separated converted and resized MP4 videos without change of original fps (from Avidemux v2.5.6) to one file then audio sync is OK! Great! :D

Unfortunately I got big shuttering in MPC-HC v1.6.0.4014 when playing same as with video (with audio sync problem) from Avidemux v2.5.6.
In VLC was all ok.