News:

--

Main Menu

mp4 vs mp4v2

Started by plasticassius, April 04, 2012, 12:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticassius

I'm not sure what the nature of this problem is, but I've noticed that the mp4v2 container in 7845 will not play on my TV with certain videos. I thought I'd mention this, because this changed from October (I think 7607). I used to use mp4v2 as a matter of course, but it no longer consistently works. However, the mp4 container does even now.

One further detail is that the videos that do not play on my tv, do play fine on VLC and mplayer. So, something changed in the mp4v2 container, but may not be easily detected. Please let me know if you're interested in further details and samples.

I also have a request. I realize this is a low priority, but would you make the Custom menu work? Running scripts from the file menu is great, but involves a lot of clicks to navigate directory trees, etc. I think that being able to quickly run scripts from the custom menu would go a long way towards making easier to use and test.

Peter

mean

custome menu works
It's just that you have to put the files under custom/js and custom/py respectively

plasticassius

Hi mean, Thanks, that Custom menu is great!

nibbles

Upload sample of a video that plays on your TV and one that doesn't, as long as they are legal content, to some place like Rapidshare or elsewhere.  25MB or so would be enough.

Jan Gruuthuse

Samsung LED UE 2009 series has the same issue on USB key or with DLNA server:
github:gist: MediaInfo: sourcexvid.avi, mp4muxer.mp4 & mp4v2muxer.mp4

plasticassius

My TV is a Samsung LCD LE 2010 series, so I think we are talking about the same issues. I am attaching files source.ts (source video), v1.mp4 (working muxer), v2.mp4 (not working muxer), x264.py (script). Another interesting piece of information is that v1.mp4 works as source for Avidemux, but v2.mp4 does not.
http://www.ulozto.net/xrFfdNs/ex-zip