Request for standardized sample videos for testing

Started by nibbles, May 02, 2012, 11:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nibbles

It would be useful if we had three or four sample videos that Mean created so we can test 2.6.
If he did that, then he would know they are correctly made.  Maybe if we had avi, mp4, and mkv
that would be a good start to confirm things like encoders and synch.  I could host those on GitHub
which has no caps on downloads or bandwidth.  Thoughts?

Jan Gruuthuse

Yes: I'm using this from time to time to calibrate flatscreen, has some good patterns on it: AVS HD 709 - Blu-ray & MP4 Calibration.
Can make a recording from ASTRA HD demo channel. And will have a look around for some other high quality video's.

chrispitude

I have a TiVo Premiere, and I can pull down video from any cable TV shows (movies, cartoons, etc.) in decrypted MPEG2 format. If anyone is interested in getting short test clips of various types of shows (standard def, 720p, 1080i, cartoons, movies, etc.), just let me know what you're looking for.

karl

If there's demand and you can tell me how to upload (I have no git account yet), I can record you samples of AVCHD videos @ 1080p23,976 720p60 1080i60 just pointing my Panasonic GH2 out of the window...  ;)

nibbles

I have a feeling that only Mean and Gruntster among a few other have the knowledge to tell whether a video file is free of "bugs" or non-standard behaviors.  I wouldn't rely on anything that they haven't approved, but this might have been done by some fanatics already.  I'm happy to wait, but I just wanted to throw this out there in case they have something in mind, for instance a clip from a Red One :-)  Maybe that Canon 5D Mark II is known to produce compliant HD.  I know they shoot scenes with it, but that was a couple of years ago.