Configuration for x264 does not save (BUG)

Started by James Black, May 13, 2012, 02:35:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Black

I am very happy that the new version of avidemux 2.6.0 (7927) works for MPEG Video Version 2 with AC-3 Audio because the old version 2.5.6 the sound is totally out of sync and the wrong time is displayed.  HOWEVER i can't use the new version to encode to x264 because when the config I set in the x264 does not save. Each time I set it, it forgets what I set. Specifically I can't set anything on the Motion tab or the Output 1 tab.

Jan Gruuthuse

in (r7934) it seems to save? You can select the loaded configuration, but it does not change.
When selecting iPhone or PSP you get
QuoteError
Cannot load preset
Looks like this is still work in progress. Perhaps the developer can tell you more?

nibbles

Yeah the x264 configure dialog is only about half finished.  That codec changes so often that Mean could spend all his time fiddling with it, but eventually it'll happen.  Try to choose a couple of options that are essential to what you are doing and request that those be enabled.  We recently got Adaptive B-Frames working for example.  If you need everything x264 offers as soon as possible, you probably will want to use ffmpeg+x264.