Join multiple MP4 files without GUI (quick batch processing)

Started by ADXN, December 08, 2010, 11:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADXN

This simple program I wrote will let you join multiple mp4 files without GUI. The program takes user input in seconds (even for hundreds of files) and later uses avidemux2_cli.exe to join.

Great for batch processing of hundreds of files at once.

Much appreciated.

ADXN

Version 1.0.2 added

Agent_007

Should this post be moved to more suitable subforum category?
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

ADXN

Hey thanks for the reply. If you feel so, please let me know where. I am new to the forum and not exactly familiar with it. Thanks.

Agent_007

Documentation & Tips subforum might be more suitable.
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

jowa

ADXN

I\'ve re-uploaded the file. Please try again, thank you.

dshrish

Tried using the tool (in windows), but doesn\'t work for me. Steps followed as follows:

1. As given in the notes.txt, download avidemux2_cli.exe from  http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html.But from this link, what is downloaded instead is avidemux_2.5.4_win32.exe. I downloaded this and run the file.
2. Copy all .mp4 files in c:\\ drive.
2. Copy and run avidemux_batch_1.0.1.exe from C:\\ drive.
3. tried giving input path as C: , C:\\ , C , C:/ But it throws error as \"Path specified is invalid or directory does not exist\"

Can you help me out in getting this right?

ADXN

Dshrish, you are downloading the installer and not the ZIP package.

On download page, find:

\"2.5.4 ZIP, Berlios.de, SourceForge, \" This will direct you to the zip package that you need to download. Once downloaded, extract the package to your C:\\avidemux or the folder of your choice.

After that, copy the file \"avidemux_batch_1.0.1.exe\" in this directory (c:\\avidemux) and then run the file.

It should work there onwards. Let me know if this helps.

Thank you.

dshrish

Hi,
Thanks for the response. But It did not work. still the same error.

This is what i did:
1. Go to the link. Download 2.5.4 ZIP, Berlios.de, SourceForge through sourceforge. This downloads \"avidemux_2.5.4_win32.zip\" . Copied this file to C:\\avidemux and extract the zip file in this folder.
2. Copy \"avidemux_batch_1.0.1.zip\" in this same folder and extract it here.
3. Copy .mp4 files to C:\\
4. Run avidemux_batch_1.0.1.exe from C:\\avidemux with path input as C: , C:\\

This did not work and gave the same error as mentioned before.

Is there something wrong that I am doing here? Can you help me further to this?
Thanks.

ADXN

This seems to be working fine at my end.

Which OS are you using? I have tested this on XP and haven\'t yet tried on vista or 7.  I would suggest that you create a new folder in some other drive like D:/mp4files and then try OR create a folder on c:\\mp4files

That\'s all there is to it, I can\'t think of anything else that may be causing this problem.

See the attached screenshot.

Much appreciated.

dshrish

I am using XP professional. Tried it in different folders, same result.

Tried using different .mp4 files as well! doesn\'t work even then.

Thanks for your help, though!

arifkarim

Hi,
Thnx ADXN for such a wonderful utility. Works perfect for me though, i have a request:
My sony camera saves mp4 files with a *.MP4 extension (Uppercase alphabets). While ur utility only accepts lowercase: *.mp4. I can ofcourse use a renamer to rename all files from uppercase to lowercase extension, but would it not be easier if u kindly modified ur script so that it also recognize uppercase mp4 extension the same as lowercase? Right now i always get an error such as: no mp4 files found when pointing to a folder with MP4 uppercase extension files. Thnx!
Regards
Arif

ADXN

Hi arifkarim,

Thanks for your feedback. Your suggestion was so important that I had to update the program immediately. Please find attached version 1.0.2 which has this problem fixed. I have not tried this until the output so would appreciate you trying and letting me know.

Thank you.

ADXN

b1m2n3

edit: download in ie8 and it does work, chrome dosnt download it correctly

zip is invalid