News:

--

Main Menu

Blurred Bar with 2.5.6

Started by AQUAR, June 29, 2012, 10:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQUAR

Whenever I have an AVC encoded film I need to recode it to Xvid in an AVI container.
(due to player limitation!).

When such films have a variable frame rate I use avisynth to frame serve avidemux.
This works without any problem when using avidemux v2.5.4.
But with avidemux v2.5.6 I get a blurred bar in the middle of the frame.

Blurring remains with various codecs/avisynth combinations, frame serving avidemux.

Anyone come across this issue?

Aquar

Agent_007

Do you see the blurred bar if you play the AVIsynth feed with e.g. Media Player Classic Home Cinema?
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

AQUAR

Haven't used MPCHC before.
DL and installed this player but can't get it to render the avisynth script.

I need to dig a bit more to see how to do this.

Maybe another player to check with?

Thanks 

AQUAR

Okay, I now have avisynth, frame serving MPCHC.
(needed vobsub instead of directshow for subs, don't understand this bit at the moment??)

Anyway the frames are clean on MPCHC, and ditto as mentioned on the older avidemux 2.5.4.
It seems like it must be some issue with avidemux 2.5.6.

Agent_007

Does it matter if you change decoding method in AVIsynth script? ( ffmpegSource <-> DirectShowSource)
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

AQUAR

First, I could not get ffmpegsource to decode at all.
Second. Did get ffmpegsource2 to decode the video component only. The audio component gives access violation on indexing.
Third, Adding some old ffmpegsource accompanied dll's did give me audio as well, so probably needed one of these plugins for AC3 audio. But video/audio only works for the AVI container and video only for MKV.

Best to try and find all the latest versions and hope they better mesh together. Its really not for noobs like me.

Good thing is that the video did render without the blur in Avidemux 2.5.6 when using ffms2.ddl

As an update to the audio issue above - AC3 audio was decoded only if the source had 2 channels.

AQUAR

Does anyone know if avidemux 2.5.6 can handle more than 2 channels of PCM audio?
With avisynth as the feed, then avidemux will provide sound only if I downmix to 2 channels (PCM audio).

Using dshowsource for avisynth I can downmix a surround sound AC3 track to stereo with the AC3 filter and get sound in avidemux.
With ffms2 I need to downmix to stereo inside the avisynth script.

Anyway, back to the blur issue. Both decoding options show areas (macro blocks) that are blurred when using Avidemux 2.5.6.
Dshowsource is worse than ffms2. I tried it on my other PC and the situation is the same (windows 7 PC's).

I will go back to Avidemux 2.5.4 for now. But still happy to try other suggestions to try for a fix.

Thanks Agent_007 for the suggestions, as I learned a few tangent things along the path.

AQUAR

For what it is worth.

The problem seems to have been fixed after lots of fiddling with directshow components.
Not sure what was responsible for the macro block blurring in the end as I now can't repeat the issue.

Aquar