News:

--

Main Menu

YouTube H.264 standards

Started by CyberTootie, July 15, 2012, 07:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberTootie

What I'm trying to do is cut a small portion of video out of the middle of a YouTube video using Avidemux without re-encoding. For all-intensive purposes, the audio portion is irrelevant. The frame immediately following this cut is unfortunately not an I frame, otherwise this wouldn't be a problem for me. So I re-encoded to MPEG-4 AVC the frames from that point to the frame before the next I frame and, using Avidemux's append feature, joined three different files. (Direct stream copy first half, re-encoded frames, Direct stream copy second half) It works, sort of. Both VLC and Zoom Player are unable to correctly display the re-encoded frames, but they are both able to start correctly displaying once the original YouTube stream resumes, although VLC lags a bit in this regard.

Ultimately, I'm guessing I need to change encoding settings for these re-encoded frames to match that of YouTube videos, but I don't know what they are or how to find out. Has anyone had any success or experience doing something like this? Is there a way I can find out specific encoding settings of a video?

The source is a 1080p FLV if that helps.

CyberTootie

I did some more fooling around. mp4info of MPEG4IP was able to tell me the stream was H264 High Level 4, so I tried authoring the re-encode portion in Adobe Premiere which has H.264 standard level settings and recompiled. I only got a few frames of it displayed upon playback so I tried making them all keyframes which did work. However I would like to find out how to get it working using Avidemux if at all possible.