News:

--

Main Menu

2.5.6 suddenly crashing when saving?

Started by Damian227, July 20, 2012, 02:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damian227

It's worked perfectly for me forever, but suddenly it refuses to save any file, regardless of the configuration?

I was told to delete some specific folders (%appdata%\avidemux6 and %appdata%\avidemux folders), only I can't find them anywhere or with a search of the entire system?
I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3 if that makes any difference.

Thanks

Jan Gruuthuse

Use windows explorer,not internet browser, and copy that in the address bar:
%APPDATA%/avidemux
%APPDATA%/avidemux6

Damian227

Ok thanks for the help, '%appdata%\avidemux ' is all emptied out but the '%appdata%\avidemux6' comes up that it doesn't exist. The problem is also still persisting? I'm truely baffled cuz it's worked perfectly forever and just randomly decided to refuse now :(

Jan Gruuthuse

Not installed zonealarm in between? The none existing folder would be avidemux 2.6
You need to give more details on your used Windows and CPU. You did not have these problems before with 2.5.6
Uninstall and reinstall Avidemux 2.5.6 if that fails ave a go with 2.6?
Download here: http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/
If using 64-bit windows try 32-bit version, some users reported success doing this?

* If this is happening while saving to .avi with multiple audio tracks, more then 2, that would cause this behavior to.

Damian227

No, Zonealarm interferes with one of my games, so I use Comodo instead.

PC details:
OS - Windows XP Pro SP3
CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
Motherboard - Asus P5K

Avidemux had worked fine, doing the exact same job for well over a year (converting mkv files audio track from 6 channels to standard stereo in mp3) and now just refuses. Even to re-do files it previously worked with.

I'm already using the 32-bit version and have tried a reinstall. I'll give 2.6 a go, but I won't hold my breath lol.