[Solved] Batch conversion, avi 2 mp4

Started by I12learn, September 11, 2012, 09:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I12learn

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 12, 2012, 08:51:53 AMYou should be able to run 2.6 alongside 2.5.6.
I did the install. I got some confusion since the package is default to QT4. Not a big hassle, I could get it working without additional packages :P
Anyhow I resume to set for GTK and that's look fine.
Quote from: Jan GruuthuseProjects are not interchangeable 2.5 <> 2.6. There is also a developer Avidemux 2.6 Scripting Reference in 2.6 main menu help
Are you telling that scripting will differ for before?
I saw that we have 3 scripting type options. I'm more familiar with python, but those I looked at were not pythonic. I'd mistake, I think.

Remain for java script I got that one from this thread which I'd like to modify for my tastes. But I didn't try it with avidemux3, yet. There are some othere and I rather opt to GUI decisions and operations than sending command from CLI. There would be also a script for the occasions which I'd like to have the processes out of X, to lighten the CPU load and let the job going overnight.

OS Archlinux x86_64 (or i868 on another PC), Avidemux 2.5.6, bash version 4.2.37(2)

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: I12learn on September 13, 2012, 10:16:50 AM
I did the install. I got some confusion since the package is default to QT4. Not a big hassle, I could get it working without additional packages :P
Anyhow I resume to set for GTK and that's look fine.
Just keep in mind some stuff in GTK could be not available
QuoteAre you telling that scripting will differ for before?
I saw that we have 3 scripting type options. I'm more familiar with python, but those I looked at were not pythonic. I'd mistake, I think.
Not the scripting itself I think, but settings, labels and variables.
QuoteRemain for java script I got that one from this thread which I'd like to modify for my tastes. But I didn't try it with avidemux3, yet. There are some othere and I rather opt to GUI decisions and operations than sending command from CLI. There would be also a script for the occasions which I'd like to have the processes out of X, to lighten the CPU load and let the job going overnight.

If you look in 2.6 QT Main Menu in Tools you can find the scripting tools. I don't see this in GTK.
If you run GUI there is an option --nogui: You can use ââ,¬â€œnogui option in case you want to suppress all dialogs (it must be first option!)
@ bottom page of : Batch processing

I12learn

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 13, 2012, 11:02:46 AM
just keep in mind some stuff in GTK could be not available
::)  ::) I would say several  ::)  ::)
QuoteNot the scripting itself I think, but settings, labels and variables.
I think for GTK I'll need to wait some more.
QuoteIf you run GUI there is an option --nogui: You can use ââ,¬â€œnogui option in case you want to suppress it
I'm switching back to QT version. For the no_gui option it won't mean that will proceed for any missing given choice. Will it?
Maybe need a no-confirm option.
I propose to close this thread. Since it has fulfilled the need to know how to set up scripting.

OS Archlinux x86_64 (or i868 on another PC), Avidemux 2.5.6, bash version 4.2.37(2)