News:

--

Main Menu

RMVB, wouldn't it be possible?

Started by I12learn, September 13, 2012, 10:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I12learn

Hello,
for some gift from my wife, I got a HD media player. But it plays only RVMB format, definetely a chinese invention that's works mostly for them, because that format still used.
As far as I know there would be a chance to encode with mencoder, but avidemux what will do about that. If I'm correct avidemux use ffmpeg encoder framework.
Ideas?

Jan Gruuthuse

yeah, provide a 20 MB sample, so developers can have a look at it and decide what they can do with it. Upload to rapidshare or similar service.
wikipedia: RMVB

I12learn

This are the samples
The file extension is fake, the file is a 7z archive which contain 2 rmvb samples.
VLC doesn't play them, but mplayer does.
I used Aiseesoft (win) demo to convert Mr Bean file, the other has converted by MagicUtils Real Magic Converter. The format is a RN 10 codec. Tested with my HD media player and looking just like mplayer doing. BTW Mr Bean-shot is a bit hi-cupped  :)
I saw FormatFactory ani Xilixsoft to convert into rmvb, but  I don't like to have redundant libraries and I prefer stay within Linux.

OS Archlinux x86_64, Avidemux 2.5.6 (2.6 build 8186), bash version 4.2.37(2)

Jan Gruuthuse

Sorry, that link does not give a down link for the files you uploaded? Goes to upload page?

I12learn

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 15, 2012, 10:33:51 AM
Sorry, that link does not give a down link for the files you uploaded? Goes to upload page?

I didn't try for myself first, but it has a little timer then can start to download

OS Archlinux x86_64, Avidemux (2.5.6 or 2.6), bash version 4.2.37(2)