News:

--

Main Menu

Problems when saving avi.

Started by tyler89, September 10, 2012, 05:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyler89

Okay so I have an avi video clip that is 00:32:30 in length, all I want to do is cut a bit off the end, I do that resulting in my clip now being 00:29:51 I'm happy with the cut. I save the avi as movie.avi it works, I try the vid out to make sure everything is good, and it turns out it only saved 00:18:14 of the clip :/ and i'm not sure why. Or how I can fix that. I want to save the whole thing not just a cut of it, can anyone help me out? I thought it would just be a case of a simple cut end off and save but as always.. it's not. :(

It's the first time I'm using Avidemux.

Jan Gruuthuse

Version of avidemux used? The source video is this multi part recording: file, file001, file002? Have you set in Preferences: tab [Output] to Create OpenDML files. Some type of avi have file size limitations.

Selleri

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 11, 2012, 05:25:07 AM
Version of avidemux used? The source video is this multi part recording: file, file001, file002? Have you set in Preferences: tab [Output] to Create OpenDML files. Some type of avi have file size limitations.
Im having the same problem currently, and this didnt work. The program renders first 4 minutes of my 20 minute-piece.

Is it wrong if I just drag and drop the files to the mixer? it seems to work just fine on preview.

Jan Gruuthuse

used Avidemux version and release number?
QuoteThe program renders first 4 minutes of my 20 minute-piece.
Your 20 minute-piece: is it edited, (auto/manual) appended, same source, ...? used container? and codecs? Output format?
Switch to preview: click:
If you put navigation slider at 3:30 and you let it play in preview mode, does it run fine?
QuoteIs it wrong if I just drag and drop the files to the mixer? it seems to work just fine on preview.
If you try without drag and drop, does it work better?

If you not give details, what steps you make: ...