News:

--

Main Menu

Audio Output no selection available!

Started by ertzel, September 28, 2012, 06:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ertzel

Hi,
Tested 2.6.0 today and tried to convert a video (stream from VDR and demuxed with ProjectX and already muxxed with 2.5.4) in xvid with mp3 audio (as I did a hundred times with 2.5.4). But I have no selection for the Audio Output. If I click on the Dropdown Menu, only a a black bar appears over the field, nothing else. For the Output Format is Avi Muxer selected, Video Output is MPEG 4 ASP (Xvid4). Do I have to install missing Plugins manuelly, or do I have wrong Settings? Maybe someone could help me?
Nice Greetings from Carinthia
Erich

Jan Gruuthuse

Most likely if the VDR output is in a MPEG-TS format you can work with this directly in avidemux 2.6
Your not telling what OS your using and what version of 2.6 (help about: r8000 if present) 32 or 64 bit.
The audio should be present in Main Menu -> Audio -> Select Track
should be showing this:

where you select the track(s) you want to use, and what to do with it.

ertzel

Hi,
thanks for rapid answer. My OS is Ubuntu 12.04 32bit, Avidemux 2.6.0 BuildOption: Bibliotheken:VDPAU,SDL,Xvideo,Gettext
CPU:x86
Main Menu ->Audio->Select Track presents Nothing (No Reaction in any way)
But there is an AudioTrack, because if I Press the Play Button, it film is played normally with audio!
I want to convert the mp2 track to mp3 (with lame)!

So, if the vdr produce .ts, I no longer need ProjectX? I can convert directly to mp4 xvid with mp3?
This would be very nice and helpful!
greetz
Erich

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: ertzel on September 29, 2012, 04:46:18 PM
So, if the vdr produce .ts, I no longer need ProjectX? I can convert directly to mp4 xvid with mp3?
Yes, edit in .TS, then save (re-encode) to format you wish.
If that would not work. developers may have to look at sample .TS recording (5 seconds).

You are using the QT flavor of avidemux and did install the avidemux3-plugins-QT4? Did you build yourself or downloaded somewhere?
Can you try this version: avidemux 32-bit r8194 12.04.1
In software center search for avidemux3 (top right search) and desinstall the current avidemux 2.6
install in this order:
avidemux3-core-2.6.0-r7xxx-Linux
avidemux3-plugins-COMMON-2.6.0-7xxx-Linux
avidemux3-qt4-2.6.0-7xxx-Linux
avidemux3-plugins-QT4-2.6.0-7xxx-Linux
and start from terminal:
/usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4
Keep us informed on progress, please.

ertzel

THX   8)
Finally it worked! It cost me a lot of studying to remove the "old" version, which I installed through getdeb, the solution was to easy to be found at once!!  :-[
With your link and installation guide, it took me 2 minutes to install and to start a converting of a .ts file. nice also, it asked me if it should append the files with sequential numbering, nice feature to make the work easier!
Now it is working on the 1st pass, audio selection was availlable, as it should, good work!
Greetz
Eric