News:

--

Main Menu

(Rev8194) it's great, But...

Started by Hiroro IV, September 30, 2012, 12:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hiroro IV

it has really improved a lot since the last 2.5 version i was using a couple days ago :D, but from my short experience with this one here's what i got:

1) The last saved folder and filename, for my work with this wonderful tool it's like breathing :).
2) Not sure if its cause of using the resample (fps) filter but the option "go to" (ctrl T s) seems to miss the desired target by a couple seconds
3)Haven't tried again but when holded (right) on my keyboard = 'Next frame', the program crashed.

I'm very happy with what's been accomplished with this Rev and i'm sure this small issues will be fixed on time, just wanted to remark this vital points to me :)

Jan Gruuthuse

[ctrl][t] in a H264 .mov (1920x800) video like the Blender Foundation's "Tears of Steel" 1080p (download 556.7 MB, select one of the mirrors) this function goes to the nearest keyframe, seems logic as 2.6 is not frame based.

Have you tried the up/down arrow to go to passed/next keyframe? and then use the left/right arrow key

Hiroro IV

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 30, 2012, 12:26:42 PM
[ctrl][t] in a H264 .mov (1920x800) video like the Blender Foundation's "Tears of Steel" 1080p (download 556.7 MB, select one of the mirrors) this function goes to the nearest keyframe, seems logic as 2.6 is not frame based.

Right! i'm sure that's the case :)

QuoteHave you tried the up/down arrow to go to passed/next keyframe? and then use the left/right arrow key

Yes that's what i'm doing for now, because when i use 'space' the video plays slow motioned so i usually hold down right to "Play it" :)

Thanks! i can live with that ^^anyways but the folder thing... =)

Jan Gruuthuse

Folder paths and so on is developer stuff. In linux it remembers where you last loaded the video and saves them to the previous location if it still exists.

mean

For the slow video, try another video output
OpenGl is quirky but fast

The remember folder part works on linux, maybe a windows specific bug

Hiroro IV