News:

--

Main Menu

Audio Track Language Description Lost

Started by Ares Drake, October 10, 2012, 01:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ares Drake

Using Avidemux 2.5.6 and 2.6.0, there seems to be a problem handling the tack audio description.

I just cut out commercials. Audio and Video on copy. Source file hast language description for the audio track(s) embedded.  Language Description can be read e.g. with mediainfo: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/

Saving the outfile using either the avi muxer or mp4v2-muxer, the outfile no longer has the language description.

Could that be changed, so the language description doesn't get stripped?

Jan Gruuthuse

avidemux 2.6 only
Main Menu -> Audio -> Select Track
mark the additional track(s) you wan to keep (up to 4)

Ares Drake

Thanks for your quick reply. However what you answered does not answer what I asked. Maybe I made myself not clear. The tracks are in the outfile. But they lost their description.  I can no longer probe what language a track is.

styrol

QuoteThe tracks are in the outfile. But they lost their description.
Confirmed with ADM 2.6. Tested on a MP4 video (with one audio track with description 'de'): Cut the commercials, save the file in Copy Mode as MP4 (MP4v2 muxer). Audio track descriptor has gone.

Jan Gruuthuse

The label(s)/identifier(s) of audio tracks are not read/used/transfered by avidemux. 1st understood the track itself was gone.
I move the track that I want to hear as default to track 0. See this thread 2.6 audio track switching in job.py
And hope some day developers find the time to solve the labeling of audio tracks. And keep the subtitle tracks too if present.

Ares Drake

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on October 10, 2012, 03:51:14 PM
And hope some day developers find the time to solve the labeling of audio tracks.

Can I place a monetary bounty for that feature?

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Ares Drake on October 10, 2012, 05:52:52 PM
Can I place a monetary bounty for that feature?
I'm afraid: not. Avidemux is a limitiedThe few Developer(s) setting their priorities and work down the list. They look at requests, if interesting and feasible these do sometime pop-up along in the development. Problems are handled along the same line: (temporary/definite) (patch/fix) if possible are dealt with.
Bribes, bounties: none are accepted.
Currently the best way: give a detailed report and try to provided answers to follow up questions/request made by developers/forum staff/admins. (the blue blocks people).
Be patient, polite, ...
Don't: make impossible requests, apply pressure, ...

My opinion. I'm not involved with avidemux or the forum. I'm a heavy avidemux user