News:

--

Main Menu

replacing audio track FIXED

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, October 12, 2012, 12:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

fixed: r8219
Load video, replace audio track 0 (mp3) and save video: audio is replaced (avi) and plays
Switch Output format (mp4) save video, audio track 0 is silent, when playing in avidemux or vlc.
Avidemux 2.6 forgets setting after saving 1st time?

styrol

So you've got MP3 as audio in MP4 container? This combination is always critical as MP4 alone created by libav is (concerning compatibility). VLC can output MP4 (h.264/aac) files created by the Exporting wizard which VLC itself cannot play.

Maybe the setting "use alternate MP3 tag" in the MP4 Muxer helps (actually I do not understand what this should mean, I would understand "use alternate MP3 tags").

Jan Gruuthuse

You could select output format MKV for second save. The 2nd save with another Output format forgets the reference to the loaded external audio track.

Jan Gruuthuse

@styrol, when you look at the cross section row/column: MP4 / Audio formats supported you find:
QuoteMPEG-2/4 (HE)-AAC, MPEG-1/2 Layers I, II, III (MP3), AC-3, Apple Lossless, ALS, SLS, Vorbis(with private objectTypeIndication), others
wikipedia: Comparison of container formats

styrol

Yep, I know, it's allowed, but it's rarely supported by hardware and not supported at all by QuickTime based stuff (iTunes), so you often run into incompatibility issues. I don't talk about using MPlayer and VLC.

And as you sad, concerning your topic it seems to be another problem at all.

Jan Gruuthuse

issue is gone in r8219, 2nd save to other format remembers now the loaded external audio track.