News:

--

Main Menu

Recommended patches for 2.6?

Started by hobbes1069, November 24, 2012, 07:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes1069

I'm in a bit of a pickle and wanted to know if there are recommended patches to apply to the 2.6.0 source since it's been out a while now, or is 2.6.1 coming soon?

I went ahead and updating RPM Fusion (for Fedora Linux) to 2.6.0 because I've gotten several requests from users. Now that's done, I'm getting complaints about 2.6.0...

https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2575
https://bugzilla.rpmfusion.org/show_bug.cgi?id=2553

Thanks,
Richard

mean

There will probably be a 2.6.1mid december
but the bugs mentionned are very fuzzy
(and at the moment i'm abroad most of the time, so i have very little time available)

hobbes1069

Would you say that 2.6 is pretty much ready for prime time? Or should I downgrade back to 2.5.6?

Thanks,
Richard

Jan Gruuthuse

It really depends on the used video material. What do you require :
Frame accuracy editing: 2.5.6 (not all video do work here: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, ...)
HD TV streams, ...: 2.6

QuoteAvidemux versions

There are 3 main flavors of Avidemux.
2.4/2.5
2.6 (experimental)

2.6 is a mostly rewritten core that deals with time, not frames. It can handle (slightly) damaged stream and varying frame rate without causing a/v sync errors or duplicating frames when it is not needed. The frame reordering is done by the decoder, so H.264 videos are handled like other formats. That also implies that a lot of the frame accuracy has been lost, and the video filter subsystem is much less powerful.

2.6 has also support for VDPAU, so that editing H.264 video is slighly faster.
I'm fortunate: I have both installed on my ubuntu 12.0.4.1 build from the respectively svn's
svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/tags/avidemux_2.5.6
svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean

mean

If you deal with h264 or irregular timestamp ==> 2.6
Simple format like divx in avi => 2.5

hobbes1069

I want to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong here but it was pointed out that I was only building the common plugins, so I changed from "COMMON" to "ALL" but it didn't seem to make any difference, no new plugins were built. I'm using the stock 2.6.0 source, were the additional plugins added after that?

Jan Gruuthuse

build here is like for ubuntu 12.04.1:
cd ~/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean
bash bootStrap.bash --deb --with-qt4 --with-gtk --with-cli

Think you need to replace --deb for the fitting option for your OS and most likely you find the build in an other folder?
After compilation I find in ~/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean/debs and install only bold ones in this order:
  • avidemux3-core-2.6.0-r8307-Linux.deb
  • avidemux3-plugins-COMMON-2.6.0-8307-Linux.deb
  • avidemux3-qt4-2.6.0-8307-Linux.deb
  • avidemux3-plugins-QT4-2.6.0-8307-Linux.deb
  • avidemux3-cli-2.6.0-8307-Linux.deb
don't install these:
avidemux3-gtk-2.6.0-8307-Linux.deb
avidemux3-plugins-GTK-2.6.0-8307-Linux.deb
avidemux3-plugins-CLI-2.6.0-8307-Linux.deb

ajschult

He's trying to use PLUGIN_UI=ALL as handled in here:

http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/avidemux/tags/avidemux_2.6.0/avidemux_plugins/CMakeLists.txt

That works for me.  With PLUGIN_UI=COMMON, the resulting ADM_videoFilters6/resize subdirectory has a few build files, but nothing compiled.  With PLUGIN_UI=ALL, I get ADM_videoFilters6/resize that contains libADM_vf_swscaleResize_cli.so, libADM_vf_swscaleResize_gtk.so and libADM_vf_swscaleResize_qt4.so

I was testing current branch, but the resize directory existed in 2.6.0 and included sources for cli, qt4 and gtk
http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/avidemux/tags/avidemux_2.6.0/avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoFilters6/resize/

lenildosb

hi friend man, i need urgent the opctions copy and paste work in this version!!!!!

thanks for advanced

ajschult

Note that (when running cmake manually) you do need to make install from buildCli, buildGtk and buildQt4 so that it can find the headers and libs when building the plugins.  If not, it will complain

-- Checking for avidemux/gtk includes and lib...
-- It should be SRCDIR/usr/include/avidemux/2.6/gtk/config.h
-- Include for gtk not found
ERROR GTK UI requested, but cannot find header file for avidemux/gtk...disabling it

hobbes1069

Hmm... I need to keep looking then. I'm not using the bootstrap file I'm doing everything manually. I don't want to post the whole spec file but  here's a snippet:

# Build QT avidemux_plugins
rm -rf build_plugins_qt && mkdir build_plugins_qt && pushd build_plugins_qt
%cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo \
       -DFAKEROOT=%{_pkgbuilddir}/fakeRoot \
       -DAVIDEMUX_SOURCE_DIR=%{_builddir}/%{realname}_%{version} \
       -DPLUGIN_UI=QT \
       -DUSE_EXTERNAL_LIBASS=TRUE \
       -DUSE_EXTERNAL_LIBMAD=TRUE \
       -DUSE_EXTERNAL_LIBA52=TRUE \
       -DUSE_EXTERNAL_TWOLAME=TRUE \
       ../avidemux_plugins
make %{?_smp_mflags}
popd

Ignore the USE_EXTERNAL_... stuff. That's a cmake patch I apply to make it more Fedora compliant (less bundled libraries)

I also tried building them all at once as mentioned with PLUGIN_UI=ALL but when that didn't work I tried doing it separately.

Richard

ajschult

Does it complain about not finding the various config.h during the cmake configure part?

hobbes1069

No, this was just the plugin build. I've already built the core and installed it to the fakeroot at this point.

I think I figured out the problem though. I was only installing "core" to the fakeroot, not everything else. And no, cmake/config doesn't complain. This should probably be fixed in the cmake config.

Richard