Copy x264 with audio shift messes up both audio and video

Started by fbacher, December 15, 2012, 09:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbacher

I am a newbie. I am using Avidemux 2.5 to encode .ts 1080i to h.264 mkv. I cut the first few minutes off of the .ts file. I have found that the audio is always off, but is constant throughout the recording. I can fix the audio by first encoding a few minutes of the movie, measure the shift and then re-encode the move with the proper shift. This is a tad inconvenient since the encodes are so slow.

I am trying an alternative approach: Encode the movie and then use Avidemux in copy mode but with a time shift correction. The problem is that both the audio and video produced are lousy. The files are the same (or nearly the same) size, but the video is jerky and slow, and the audio is way off. When I started the encode Avidemux warned me that some h.264 encodings use p-frames as a reference and asked if I wanted to work around the problem or to ignore the warning. I ignored the warning, reasoning that since Avidemux produced the x.264 that it probably should not have the problem. Perhaps I was wrong.

I should also mention that I applied  Decomb Telicide + Decomb Decimate and crop filters.