News:

--

Main Menu

cut videos in mkv format, help me!!!!

Started by lenildosb, October 14, 2012, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenildosb

please, help me friends, urgent, have a video and want cut part at the beginning, but when I save appears the error: 'The beginning frame is not a key frame. Please move the A marker.'

i mark copy for video and audio (not want render), after mark set A I(00) in beginning and set B P(00) in end the part that cut...

the avidemux cut only when set B is I(00).

can someone explain to me how to do precise cutting?

Jan Gruuthuse

This depends on the used video codec inside the mkv container.
Avidemux 2.6 is time based, orientated towards the newer video codecs H264, AVC, ... And cuts only on keyframes (up/down keyboard arrow)
Avidemux 2.5.6 is frame based
So try with 2.5.6 and see if that works for you. If not you need to use 2.6

lenildosb

already tested in 2.5.6 and not forward, appears 'The beginning frame is not a key frame. Please move the A marker.'

must have a specific explanation for this!!!!!

many users have this same problem and so far no one can explain...........

Jan Gruuthuse

When that message appears: press keyboard arrow up key once and mark that location [A ].
Key frames are selected with up/down arrow. If avidemux for one reason or another does not recognize key frames, it becomes hard to make cut.
This could be the case on H264 or avc in mkv, other possibilities too. Without a sample nobody can't explain what is going on. Provide sample: 5 sec or 20 MB, and upload to rapidshare or similar web service and provide a link to it.

lenildosb

try cutting the commercial this stretch the video !!!!!

cutting in time 00:00:06.680 in mode copy video and audio

https://hotfile.com/dl/177951820/c0f08b2/Cassey_Doreen___Loona_-_Tell_It_To_My_Heart_(Official_HD)_-_YouTube.MP4.html

Jan Gruuthuse

You can't cut in between this cutting points, cutting points only available at:
0:00:01.880
0:00:03.880
0:00:05.880
0:00:06.999
0:00:09.000
0:00:10.800

If you want something else: make a rough edit with:
cut at cutting point before start
cut at cutting point after end
save edited video to new clip
re-encode saved new clip to a lossless video codec like: Huffyuv, where you can have frame based editing.
once this edited: re-encode to video codec you want for end usage.

lenildosb

should have some way cutting the frame P without re-encode, a friend can, but not whether me teach!!!!

Jan Gruuthuse

When you found out, please let me know how to? Plenty of people want to know how this could be done.

jaaney

Basically when u get this message go back to the beginning of the video that you are editing so the time is at 0.  On the Keyboard hit the up arrow key once then press the B button once on Avidemux not on the keyboard press the delete key now you should be able to save the video successfully.

jaaney

Basically when u get this message go back to the beginning of the video that you are editing so the time is at 0.  On the Keyboard hit the up arrow key once then press the B button once on Avidemux NOW on the keyboard press the delete key once now you should be able to save the video successfully

lenildosb

hi friend jaaney, I did not, you can make a video demonstration through, cut p-frames not work in avidemux, only i-frames!!!!  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[