News:

--

Main Menu

audio file rejected

Started by luky55, January 23, 2013, 12:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luky55

Hi,

I just ripped one of my DVD using dvddecrypter, keeping the video in one big .m2v file, and the AC3 audio stream in a separate .vob file.
I then select MPEG4-AVC for the output format, configure the h264 encoder, add a crop and resize filter, and finally set audio to "Copy"
I then specifies that the AC3 audio stream is in a separate file.
Everything looks OK on the re-encoding, until the 2nd pass of re-encoding starts, at that point avidemux complains about an invalid video file.
The file is correct, I checked it with mediainfo, it's an AC3 encoded stream.

Does anyone know what can be wrong with that file, or with avidemux ?
Thanks for helping

Jan Gruuthuse

When using dvddecrypter you can get normal .vob files (parts). Load these sequential in avidemux 2.6 and take it from there. Use audio from main menu to select tracks to order/keep/....
Going from dvd to .m2v then to avidemux and re-encode can cause problems/give issues.

luky55

Thanks for the advice, will try that.

What I noticed also is that this problem does NOT occur if I select an mkv container for output, but in this case, I get another problem, which is that the audio is totally wrong.
I suspect that this because my original audio stream is AC3 6 channels, maybe avidemux has problem with this ?

Then what I tried, and worked fine, is to keep the DTS stream instead of the AC3 stream from my DVD, converted it to AC3 two channels with ffmpeg, and then everything was fine with avidemux.

Is there anything else I could have tried?
I am quit new to all these, so I would like to learn.

Thanks for helping.

Jan Gruuthuse

Only problem(s): DTS or sometimes e-ac3? With avidemux 2.6.1, nightly builds, handles up to 4 audiotracks. Some combinations of audio codecs in some containers do not work well together, or the container does not provide for this audio codec. This happens when using mp4 instead of mp4v2.