News:

--

Main Menu

r8380 bugs

Started by Killer 69, January 14, 2013, 11:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Killer 69

r8380 beta 2.6.1, Windows 32-bit on XP SP3. Opened 1.11GB MOV, H264, 1280*720, 1:1, 29.970 fps, Total duration 00:06:30:323, All extra Video Proprties: No, Audio: PCM, Stereo, 192000 Bps / 1536 kbps, 48000 Hz, Total duration 00:03:14:652.

Several things noticed:
- video and audio length reported differently, look at above data from "Information". Video taken with Canon snapshot camera
- When video is on the beginning and I try to move still to the left with the "jogger", I get error box, where I can click OK but that is endless loop, message just keeps coming back. Same thing at the end. I guess that that error message is not needed at all and at least AviDemux should recover automatically from it by putting jog wheel back to the middle.
- Avidemux crash everytime, when trying to add both Fade IN and Fade OUT to video (confirmed somewhere already on that forum)

Next two comments were already somewhat explained but I'm not sure, if I understood fully. Definitely not an expert on video formats but I'd imagine that when I start to capture video with the camera, video should always begin with the keyframe, so would it be impossible to get Avidemux to really create video starting from black screen fading in and ending to it also with the fade back to black?

- When creating Fade In for video to the beginning, end result is full color first screen (on the preview at least), then total black at 00:00:00,033 and after that picture fades in, as expected, when clicking "Next". If I try to move just slider, picture does not fade on on the preview, it stays full color at all times.
- When trying to create fade Out to the end, it works except that also the very last frame is again at full color, not black.

mean

fade should be ok starting r8392

Jan Gruuthuse

Preliminary test shows:
Fade in now starts black at begin of selected fade.
Fade out now ends black at end of selected fade.

No 2 fades can be applied at same time: crash.

mean

Jan Gruuthuse

preliminary test shows: 2 fades can now be applied (start and end) tested 2.6.1 r8397 (ubuntu)