need help installing Avidemux 2.6.1

Started by rmcellig, January 28, 2013, 09:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmcellig

I am totally new to this way of installing software so for me this is a totally new experience for me to learn from.

I am trying to install the latest version of Avidemux into Linux Mint 14 xfce. So far, I have downloaded/extracted the tar file into my Videos folder. In there I have a folder called Avidemux 2.6.1 I tried following the instructions but am somewhat confused as to what and how I have to install Avidemux.

I did open a terminal and went to the /videos/Avidemux 2.6.1 folder. Now what?

http://avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id ... nstall_2.6

Thanks for the help!!!

Jan Gruuthuse

if you have these .deb(s)
- avidemux3-core-2.6.1
- avidemux3-plugins-COMMON-2.6.1
- avidemux3-qt4-2.6.1
- avidemux3-plugins-QT4-2.6.1
install these in this sequence. Allow software center to install these. When everything is installed call from terminal /usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4.

rmcellig

How do I run the bootStrap.bash script that is included in the Avidemux 2.6.1 folder? Is this how I get the files you mentioned in your post?

Like I said in my initial post I am totally new to this so I think I need some hand holding so I can get through this.

Thanks!!!

Jan Gruuthuse

check if dependencies installed:
sudo apt-get install build-essential fakeroot g++ gcc gettext liba52-0.7.4-dev libaften-dev libasound2-dev libdca-dev libdts-dev libfaac-dev libfaad-dev libglib2.0-dev libgtk-3-dev libgtk2.0-dev libmad0-dev libmp3lame-dev libpng12-dev libqt4-dev libqt4-opengl libqt4-opengl-dev libqt4-script libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsqlite3-dev libvdpau-dev libvorbis-dev libx264-dev libxml2-dev libxv-dev libxvidcore-dev make libopencore-amrwb-dev libopencore-amrnb-dev libvpx-dev libzip-dev patch pkg-config subversion yasm sqlite3 libwxsqlite3-2.8-0

Update Cmake:
QuoteCmake download and install: http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html#latest
follow instructions in Readme.txt for building cmake: bootstrap / make / sudo make install

1st time only: download avidemux source:
svn co http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean
This would install the source in your home/currentUser/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean
Next time you want updating source:
cd ~/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean && svn update
building Avidemux:
Go into folder where source is downloaded:
cd ~/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean
bash bootStrap.bash --deb --with-qt4 --without-gtk --with-cli

When finished without errors you should browse to /Home/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean/debs
double click in this order and allow software manager to install:
- avidemux3-core-2.6.1-r8449-Linux.deb
- avidemux3-plugins-COMMON-2.6.1-8449-Linux.deb
- avidemux3-qt4-2.6.1-8449-Linux.deb
- avidemux3-plugins-QT4-2.6.1-8449-Linux.deb
- avidemux3-cli-2.6.1-8449-Linux
when these installs are finished you can call from terminal or shortcut:
/usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4

rmcellig

I downloaded  Avidemux 2.6.1 32bit. Are these the files I use in the steps you describe above?

rmcellig

It works!! It works!! I am so happy!!!! I just tried extracting a snippet and it worked fine and fast as well. I will continue trying it out if I run into any problems but for now to say I am elated is an understatement!!!

:) :) :)

When will 2.6.1 be officially released?