News:

--

Main Menu

Redleaf RD32 II H264 AVI not copying Video Out

Started by vjkdigital, February 04, 2013, 08:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vjkdigital

I Have a Redleaf RD32 II, they are a great camera, but are well known to have AVI H264 files that are difficult to deal with.

After installing FFDShow I can now import the video only to Vegas 12, with no audio. If i load the same file on AVIDemux to copy video, and recode the audio to MP3 I'm left with a file that has sound, but a black screen, and a bitrate of 0mbps.

I can recode both video and audio, to get a file that opens with both Audio and video, but full HD videos can take a bit of time to recode, plus I don't want to lose the quality.

As far as i know the files are AVI H264 video with AAC audio.

Demo files can be found here http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2012/1/8/the-rd32ii-1080p-h264-sport-cam.html?currentPage=3#comments or I'm happy to upload a 145mb file.

Hoping its just something I'm doing wrong.  :o

Thanks

Jan Gruuthuse

Downloadable Test Clips: downloads on mediafire are deleted:
QuoteInvalid or Deleted File.
The drop box alternative is however working found @ UPDATE: 17/01/12.

Jan Gruuthuse

Both samples do work without a problem in avidemux 2.6.1 r8459 (linux ubuntu).
Try with a nightly build, if it still not works with 64-bit try 32-bit version: http://avidemux.org/nightly/

Jan Gruuthuse

Think your solution is to load video in avidmux and output video with MPEG-TS muxer (ff) and keep copy for both video and audio.
See test edit on avidemux here 51 MB download: http://rapidshare.com/files/3135401592/Redleaftest.ts vlc plays these with sound.

styrol

Since source video is from cam and not from TV, MP4v2 is recommended as output format (TS is an option, if you run into problems using MP4).

vjkdigital

Thanks for the reply Jan, Using MPEG-TS on copy gave a file that would open in player and Vegas, but again with no sound. On changing sound to MP3, file refused to load in Vegas, and the player would play video with no sound.

The file you sent has no audio in vegas, and when played in Windows media player has a black screen for the first 5 seconds or so, then about half way through, the audio ends (You can hear him press stop on the camera) and the video continues with no sound. Seems that AV is wayyyyy out of sync there.

The x64 bit nightly version has the same result as the release version, and the x32 bit version crashes when opening the file, tried run as admin, and compatibility mode with the same result.

vjkdigital

Quote from: styrol on February 04, 2013, 10:28:42 AM
Since source video is from cam and not from TV, MP4v2 is recommended as output format (TS is an option, if you run into problems using MP4).

Reply is "Video does not have enough timing information, are you copying from an AVI?" the only button displayed is OK. When you press it, you receive a one frame long file, with no sound.  :(

Jan Gruuthuse

Download VLC @ http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
You should have video in both parts. The audio clonk @ 12 seconds is when 1st clip is ended, on second clip you should here the metrolink (faint) and audio clonk again @ end of 2nd clip.
You need to figure out what sound codec/encoding is needed in Vegas, and use avidemux to re-encode audio part only. That should put you on the way.

vjkdigital

Hi Jan, that was my original intention, but for some reason when Video is set to COPY, its not passing the video stream through. I don't have issues playing the raw avi files, but I do need to edit them before I can publish them.

Even YouTube has no issues reading the audio and video.

Avidemux also has no issues reading the files, but there seems to be an issue copying the video of these files.

If I use copy on both audio and video, you would expect the file would come out the same as the input file, but it comes out with black video and a 0 bitrate.

Jan Gruuthuse

Looks like you have serious codec issues with sony vegas / windows. If it even wont play MPEG Audio Version 1 Layer 2? Have you checked audio output goes over the correct selected audio device?

vjkdigital

Playing is fine, in windows media player Power DVD, ect, this isn't a a playing issue. I have sound and video in the various players. if I load the raw AVI file into the player, I get video, with no sound, so I'm trying to simply recode the audio, to mp3, as the the video is fine.

But if I put the raw file thru avidemux, with audio and video both set to copy, nothing can then read the video in the file. Even though copying both audio and video should result in a file that's the same as the original.

styrol

Quote from: vjkdigitalDemo files can be found here http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2012/1/8/the-rd32ii-1080p-h264-sport-cam.html?currentPage=3#comments or I'm happy to upload a 145mb file.
As stated by Jan only Dropbox link are not dead. But Dropbox seems to have converted the files to (perfect) MP4. I can't download an AVI version.

You should upload a short sample from your cam using Rapidshare or a similar service, so developers might have a look on the issue.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: vjkdigital on February 06, 2013, 01:49:35 PM
Playing is fine, in windows media player Power DVD, ect, this isn't a a playing issue. I have sound and video in the various players. if I load the raw AVI file into the player, I get video, with no sound, so I'm trying to simply recode the audio, to mp3, as the the video is fine.

But if I put the raw file thru avidemux, with audio and video both set to copy, nothing can then read the video in the file. Even though copying both audio and video should result in a file that's the same as the original.

There is clearly an issue: you don't have sound on the videos I uploaded in (Sony) Vegas.
Quote from: vjkdigital on February 06, 2013, 09:02:11 AM
No, Video only I'm afraid.