News:

--

Main Menu

TS on .ts 'coz of ts

Started by Atticus Draco, March 16, 2013, 04:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus Draco

'
First off, I'm a novice and I know just enough to edit commercials from my PC TV turner cards generated files, and that's just about it.

I use Avidemux versions 2.5.6, 2.6.0, and r8502 on MPEG-2 TS Video files created by:
Win7 laptop and a Hauppauge 950Q
Win7 desktop and a Hauppauge 1800
Vista desktop and a Hauppauge 1600
All utilizing WinTVv7 to record

For the most part, I primarily use Avidemux 2.6 with the settings for Video and Audio Outputs set on "Copy" and Output Format on "Mpeg TS Muxer (ff)" for the original .ts files and usually,, have no problem doing it that way.
(More times than not,, happily, Avidemux 2.6 is very forgiving if I don't cut on the I frame each time)

Unfortunately, I have one pesky and rather irritating occurrence. There is one TV channel that refuses to be edited and saved in a new .ts file. Both Avidemux 2.6 and r8502 exclaim "FILE TOO SHORT" and only saves a shortened portion of the original file.
(Avidemux 2.5 handles it,, but then I gotta deal with A/V out of sync issues)

It doesn't matter which computer system I use to record,, the same recorded TV channel files refuses to cooperate with Avidemux.
Naturally, the TV channel giving me fits with Avidemux,, is the one I record the most from.
I have, and used, the applications MPEG2Repair and ProjectX in hopes of rectifying the situation,, but to no luck.
(To be honest though,, I have no 'real' idea what I'm doing in ProjectX,, I primarily stumble through it,, hoping it will fix it,  guesstimating at certain outputs)
Both applications claim,, yeah, there is something wrong with my .ts file, and from what I can gather,, it's a timestamp issue,, "Timestamp out of sync", I believe they keep trying to tell me.
And if I am reading it right,, both claim to have fixed it too.
But no,, i go back to Avidemux and get the dreaded "FILE TOO SHORT" warning.

I desire to keep the edited file in a .ts format for the luxury of having 'softsubs' already incorporated in the final edited file

Is there a way to correct this issue?

Jan Gruuthuse

Probably yes, provide a 5 second recording of that channel. Upload it to a web service like ... or similar and provide a public down link to it in this posting. Perhaps we can see what is going on, or developers have to look at it and maybe it can be solved.

Jan Gruuthuse

.TS loads directly into avidemux. Runs fine here with 2.6.1 r8495, should pose no problem at all: did cut at begin and end: find mkv here 1.8 MB http://rapidshare.com/files/1554991683/FX_cut.mkv
Download a recent version for your OS here: http://avidemux.org/nightly/