News:

--

Main Menu

No "output" view

Started by nedgerblansky, March 31, 2013, 08:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedgerblansky

Hello.

I'm still having the same problem previously reported there: http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,11392.0.html.
OS is Windows 7 x64, and it happens with any Avidemux 2.6.x, 32-bit or 64-bit.

I think some of the buttons are just not working at all, including the "Output" button (see attached screenshot).
I miss this functionality, as I'd wish to be able to edit videos with a filter already applied, like in version 2.5.
The preview mode only allows to preview the filter.

Will this "Output" button be re-activated in a future version?

Thanks.

Jan Gruuthuse

As 2.6 works differently opposed to 2.5 (frame based versus time based). Sometimes preview output is only available when playing only and not when moving position.

nedgerblansky

That's right, the Output preview works when playing the file.
Is there a chance to get it back in editing mode, like it was before?

Jan Gruuthuse

QuoteIs there a chance to get it back in editing mode, like it was before?
Only developer(s) can answer this.
It is sometimes available in the filter preview, not always.

Noob

I'd like to put in a vote to make this available in the editing mode also.  Many times, the first thing I need to do with a video is to rotate it by 90 or 270 degrees.  It was much easier to edit it in v2.5.1 when I could view it rotated the "correct" way in the output view instead of having to look at it sideways on the screen while editing it.

Unless I'm missing something, there is no way to pause or stop the output view without the view going back to the way it was originally saved.

Jan Gruuthuse

In 2.6 branch: it could be that only while playing the images are rebuild and not available when not playing as the 2.6 branch is not a frame based editor.
If you have a possibility to rotate your desktop in your OS? Perhaps this is solution for working with these videos? Until developers come up with another way of handling these (cellphone) videos?
See next reply:

mean

It's difficult to do it with 2.6, not impossible but difficult

Jan Gruuthuse

Could it not be done by just rotating the canvas/plane projecting/showing the video and not touching the video it self?