News:

--

Main Menu

Appending still pictures and "png video"

Started by jana1238, April 02, 2013, 10:11:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jana1238

Hello,
can anyone please help? I have two issues that I am not able to find solution to.

1) How do I add still picture to the video? I want to append two video parts and in between I would like to insert a picture (a photograph) for approx. 1 second. How do I do that?

2) I have created a video from a sequence of png pictures (saved it as .avi file). Now I would like to append this "png video" to a "standard video", but everytime I try, the Avidemux freezes or shuts down when started saving the file. How do I do that?  (the "png video" says its codec 4CC is PNG, the "standard video" has DIVX).

I am sorry if my questions are primitive, I am new to Avidemux.
Thanks a lot!
Jana

Jan Gruuthuse

1) Create video from still image and from audio file by agent_007. Think you need 2.5.6, in 2.6.# this was not functional when I looked at it some time ago.
2) My guess would be: convert png_video 1st to same format as your standard video (muxer xvid, I believe) same resolution/fps.

jana1238

Thank you.
1) OK, will download the 2.5 version and try that. However, it seems a bit complicated (pasting in the image 100 times) I thought there might be some smarter way (such as pasting it in only once and "telling" it to stay in for 1 second...)
2) OK, will try that again. But I think I already tried and it did not help. I tried muxer avi, so muxer xvid might help (I am completely new to this, so I am struggling a bit;-)
I will get back with updates.
Thank you.

jana1238

Hi,
it works much better with 2.5.6 version - so the previous problems solved! Thank you.
However,  I came across another one:
I have merged two avi files, both with sound, but the sound of the second part is either missing, or it is way out of synchro (thus playing "under" the sound of the first part). Do you know what may be causing that? How do I keep synchro of sounds of all separate video parts that I am merging?
(May there be a problem that sound no.1 is stereo, while the sound no.2 is mono?)
Thank you!

Jan Gruuthuse

the audio tracks in each part have the same properties (khz, bitrate, ...)?
stereo is always on the same track 0/1 for each part
1st part track 0 = stereo, track 1 = mono and 2nd part  track 1 = stereo,track 0 = mono?
Perhaps extracting audio with audacity assemble audio outside avidemux and then import audio again?
drag drop video parts on audacity, this should extract the audio, you then can save/export this audio. join the audio insert a silence in front of the audio for the required delay to get audio back in sync.

jana1238

I was thinking of the solution you are suggesting (extracting audio, assemble audio outside avidemux, and then import audio again), but I was hoping for more "smart" solution.
The audio with video No.1 is:
codes: MP3
Channels: mono
bitrate: 16000Bps / 128 kbps
variable bitrate: no
frequency: 16000 Hz
duration and size is irrelevant I guess...

The audio with video No.2 has the following differences:
Channels: stereo
Frequency: 44100 Hz
the rest (except for duration and size) is the same.

The third audio to video No.3 has the same properties as No.1.

My goal is to merge the video by putting 1+2+3 together.
I do not understand well the part about tracks 0/1 you are asking about. How do I find out if 0=stereo and 1=mono or vice versa?
Thanks!
Jana

Jan Gruuthuse

track= soundtrack 0 (1st audio track), soundtrack 1 (2nd audio track)
each track can have several channels (1 = mono, 2 = stereo, 3 = probably 2.1, ...)
There is no easy/ smart solution with different audio tracks.
tracks must have all the same audio structure:
track 0: MP3, Channels: mono, bitrate: 16000Bps / 128 kbps, cbr
for al video parts you want to join with copy.
Perhaps you can achieve this when re-encoding audio? Never tested this/done so.