Copy with audio shift causes loss of audio in output

Started by itm, April 03, 2013, 05:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itm

I have used Avidemux v2.6.3 to edit some MPEG video from a Humax Foxsat HDR. The audio in the output file was slightly out of sync, so I set the audio shift option to 300ms and saved the file again. It saved OK but the resulting file has no audio track.
Can anyone suggest a way to fix this?

Jan Gruuthuse

This should not be happening with .TS files?
Check main menu -> Audio -> Select Track -> Audio Tracks Configuration.
Also check from main menu -> Edit -> Preferences -> [Audio] -> AudioDevice
If this set to Dummy change to Win32 or similar. (reported by user Ray)
If the issue persists, make a 5 second recording and upload to Rapidshare.com (public viewable and down loadable folder) or similar web service  and provide a download link to it.

itm

Audio Tracks Configuration looked OK - Track 1 and 2 were enabled, in copy mode.
The AudioDevice was set to Dummy, so I changed it to Win32 and tried the copy again - still no audio.
I've uploaded a 6-minute sample of the output file to here:
http://www.friendhouseswap.com/sample.zip

Jan Gruuthuse

Upload 5 seconds source video. Nothing much with the output we can do? Extracting audio with audacity:
stereo track mp2 bitrate 1, 2 channels duration 402 nothing here
mono track mp2 bitrate 6, 1 channels duration 402 flat line (silence)

Jan Gruuthuse

Does the Humax Foxsat HDR only record in avi? Recording should be in mpeg-ts format and not in .avi container. What choice do you have for recording format on this receiver? Tried several things and none are working.

itm

The original recording was a .ts file - I appended a few files of these files together (all from the Humax) and edited out sections before saving it to the file that I sent you a sample of (all using Avidemux). I don't think there's a choice of formats on the Foxsat HDR

Jan Gruuthuse

workflow:
.ts file editing/cutting ... stay in .ts format
edited .ts file to wanted end format.
.avi is not a good choice to end up from .ts without re-encoding.

itm

After editing/cutting I selected the "copy" option to produce the output, with AVI muxer selected as the output format. Which output format should I have selected to preserve the .ts format?

Jan Gruuthuse

itm

I've decided to start from scratch with this edit, but have hit a different problem. I am basically stitching together two .ts clips from the Humax (the first 5Gb, the 2nd about 700Mb). When I Save after editing (using the Mpeg TS muxer ff option)  I get a warning message saying that the video is in copy mode but the cut points are not on keyframes. It then processes the file but terminates with this message:
"Too short - the video has been saved but seems to be incomplete". This is correct, as approx. 30 mins is missing from the output file.

I'm running this on a Windows 7 x64 machine with 16Gb RAM (of which 55% is free). There's no shortage of disk space on the target drive, and the part of the file which did save looks fine.
???

Jan Gruuthuse

Editing .TS
Load 1st part, if you got asked to load additional parts by avidemux: detecting sequential files: reply no.
Load additional parts: for every part use keyboard shortcut [Ctrl][A] and load following part.
Trim begin: goto approx. where video should start with navigation slider.
Select exact cutting point only with these 2: / or with keyboard up/down arrow keys only.
Mark this with marker
Now with keyboard shortcut [Ctrl][X]. The block leading up to video start should be cut now.

Trim in middle:
Now search for start of video block to remove with navigation slider.
Again select exact cutting point only with these 2: / or with keyboard up/down arrow keys only.
Mark this with marker
Now search for end of video block to remove with navigation slider.
Again select exact cutting point only with these 2: / or with keyboard up/down arrow keys only.
Mark this with marker
Now with keyboard shortcut [Ctrl][X]. The previously video block should be cut now.
Repeat as many times as required the procedure for middle trim.

For saving the final video you now have 2 options:
1] If you intend to add @video end in future:
Go with navigation slider to beginning of the complete video. Press a few times and mark with .
Go with navigation slider to Ending of the complete video and select with / or with keyboard up/down arrow keys only the exact end point.
Mark this with marker

2] you don't intend to add @video end in future:
Go with navigation slider to Begin of the complete video. Press a few times and mark with .
Go with navigation slider to End of the complete video and select with , , / or with keyboard arrow keys the exact end point.
Mark this with marker

Save video with 1st from the left: