News:

--

Main Menu

No sound with Avidemux 2.5.4 - Lion 10.7.4

Started by bowjest, April 09, 2013, 10:11:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowjest

Hello everyone,

I discovered Avidemux yesterday while trying to find a way to fix a sync problem I have in several MP4 videos.

I've downloaded v.2.5.4 and deleted the two files libiconv.2.dylib and libxml2.2.dylib, but although the program loads and I can open a video to edit, I get no sound. Nothing.

Sound is definitely working because I can listen to songs in iTunes and watch videos in their respective players, but I don't get any sound in Avidemux.

Can anyone advise what might be the problem?

Many thanks,

Bowjest

styrol

avidemux2 - > Preferences -> Audio -> Audio device -> SDL (instead of dummy device (?))

bowjest

Hi Styrol,

Exactly. I discovered this yesterday after reading this post in the German section of the site:

http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,11770.0.html

I didn't have time to update this because of work, but thank you very much for replying. You are spot on that this was the problem.

So far I've been able to resolve my syncing problems, so couldn't be happier. :)

Bowjest

tassiekev

Thanks from me too, sound had been working but suddenly stopped after a windows update and so the problem was driving me nuts. Sanity restored but the hair loss is probably permanent, Thanks again.