News:

--

Main Menu

Dont update

Started by mean, April 13, 2013, 09:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mean

I'm trying to fix some problematic issue on non 64 bits system, especially windows
In the meantime, the build will probably be broken, so better to hold off a bit  before updating the nightlies

Nik

hehe I noticed :)
freezes before the encoder starts to work and crashes after it's done ^^

btw, is there any updated change log anywhere?
http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/beta/2.6/Change%20Log.html
this one's kinda behind and I'm always curious about the changes in every new build :)

Jan Gruuthuse

Nik

Spellbinder

Hi! Are the 32bit builds stable again?

Jan Gruuthuse

probably yes. Keep always copy of the working one.
nightlies on windows keep original installed, copy new nightly in different folder, should work from any folder.

cliffshit

Still NOT on Windows XP.
Trying to encode in x264 results in hanging up Avidemux (no crash) and a some kb file.
Last good working version was r8518 win32 in compatibility mode.

Jan Gruuthuse

avidemux works but has issues with x264? That is something else than avidemux not working.
If only x264 issue: see if these help: Builds for Windows are available from the list of unofficial builds, or from Jarod.

cliffshit

Sorry, you are right, Jan!
The problem seems to be the libx264-106.dll.
Replacing this new one from r8600 (861kb) with the old from r8518 (876kb) and it works for now... :)

Jan Gruuthuse

Thanks for report,no sorry needed, accurate reporting is great help for developers. Not always easy, don't work is saying nothing, telling what is working and then pinpoint what isn't and include steps you made to get at the situation.
Glad it is solved for now. Take note of it and report if it happens again, so devs now that something went wrong.

Nik

hmmm for me it doesn't work this way :o

I tried 8603, subs are working yay :D
but encoding was very slow (5 fps) then it stopped in the middle and just froze
after I copied the libx264 dll(s) to the 8603 build, the codec doesn't appear anymore ...

edit: after trying the clean 8603 build again, it encoded this time, but crashed after the encoding was done

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Nik on April 20, 2013, 01:52:17 PM
edit: after trying the clean 8603 build again, it encoded this time, but crashed after the encoding was done
Don't know if I can follow what you did (build yourself avidemux 2.6.3 from source or ....)
Try download the developer build: http://fixounet.free.fr/2.6/

Nik

oh sorry, that wasn't clear enough lol

I usually only download and use the nightly builds (x32 since it's suggested to use for now) :)
and the 8603 isn't stable for me