New member with two questions

Started by paulie22, April 26, 2013, 01:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulie22

Please accept my apologies if I messing up here by asking two questions.  I'm new here and did not see any rule about it, but I don't want to start off on a bad foot.

1. In the older versions, once you picked an output folder, it would always open to that folder when you saved a file.  Now you have to go every time to find the output folder you want.  Is there a way to fix that?

2. It seems now when I edit the mp4 video, if I don't always use the edit points, I get a lot of crashing on saving the file.  The only fix I have found is to set new Video Output and sometimes change Output Format.  Never used to crash this way on non-edit points.  Any thoughts?

Thanks to all the contributors and helpers here!

p-22

Jan Gruuthuse

Make sure you using the latest 2.6.3 r864*
1) Still like this for saving videos in linux: output is saved to last folder where you did previously save. Can't tell for windows ...
2) mp4 is box that contains video encoded with different codecs. 2.6.3 is not frame based editing, but time based. Has to do with the newer codecs h264, ...
Most of us keep 2.5.6 alongside the 2.6.#, when 2.6.3 is not working well, we use 2.5.6 (frame based editor) after a while you know when to use one or the other.
Crashing on some mp4 files: check if these contain AC3 or DTS: if you save with mp4 muxer, disable (AC3 or DTS) track or save with mp4v2 muxer.
When editing/cutting blocks, you can only do this with up/down arrows or or . Not with left/right  keyboard arrows  or /

paulie22

Thanks Jan!

Yep I'm running Windows XP, and with the newest version of avidemux you have to re-choose the output folder every time.

Thanks for the clue about using an older version!  Going to look for 2.5.6 now!

If anyone knows a fix for the output folder for Windows XP, would love to know!

p-22

Jan Gruuthuse

if you did not downloaded this one: New windows binaries (again)
Still hot this one, just build ;)