News:

--

Main Menu

AviDemux Odd Problem

Started by gonwk, May 03, 2013, 06:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonwk

Hi folks,

I use AviDemux Portable, I have several different versions on my laptop ... well I wanted to run an MP4 file from YouTube thru it to re-save it as MP4 again. The reason I do this is because some MP4 files from YouTube Crashes my Netgear EVA9100 Media Player ... and I have Not been able to pinpoint the reason why!?!? But running it thru AviDemux solves my problem.

Anyway, I wanted to run a MP4 file thru AviDemux and I noticed something very Odd ... there was No Audio when I was playing back the Video file in AviDemux. I checked the file in VLC and sure enough there is an Audio in the video file and sounds just fine.

I tried many MP4 files with different AviDemux Versions that I have on my laptop.

The only versions that had Audio were versions "AVIDemux 2.5 r7200 Portable" and "AVIDemux 2.5.6-1 r7716 Portable".

Versions "AVIDemux 2.6 r7719 Portable" and above including latest Beta "AVIDemux 2.6 r8494 Portable" can NOT play the Audio ... video plays just fine.

Q1: Has anyone run into this problem? And how can I fix it?

Q2: Is there a Portable 2.6 version that Audio works?

Q3: Why is the latest Releases only come in INSTALLER .exe version and Not Portable?

Thanks!

G! :)

gonwk

Bump ^

Any of the AviDemux Authors ... can you folks shed any light on this!?!?

Thanks! :)