News:

--

Main Menu

Menu assistence please.

Started by Gandalf, May 13, 2013, 01:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gandalf

What is the purpose of the "Scan for Black Frames..." option found in the "Tools" menu, and how do I use it?

Jan Gruuthuse

This works only if you have no logo in video. As it says it looks for a black screen. Sometimes between 2 tv programs: the change over is a black screen. This routine looks for this black screen. Only forward black screen search is enabled.
Navigation

mit

Now what's next!?ââ,¬Å¾What is the  keyframe.....ââ,¬Å" in new thread or so!  :o

Jan Gruuthuse

Gandalf

That link says NOTHING that I can see about that function (I know because I checked it out BEFORE I posted the question), and when I did try to use it, the following window popped up -

Jan Gruuthuse

if you clicked on that link Avidemux wiki documentation
clear text: http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=start . It should have gone to the website, obviously it looks like something is wrong on your computer when it did not open that website?
And would have displayed amongst plenty of links on the left hand side.
QuoteAvidemux wiki documentation

Avidemux is a free open-source program designed for multi-purpose video editing and processing, which can be used on almost all known operating systems and computer platforms. This website contains lots of information about downloading, compiling, configuring, and using the program.
Using Avidemux

Quickstart

User interface
Main window - GTK+ version (for Linux/BSD with GNOME, Xfce or LXDE)
Main window - Qt version (for Microsoft Windows or Linux/BSD with KDE(nbsp)4)
Cutting
Cutting MPEG files
Project files, custom scripts
Joblist
Command line usage
Scripting
VBR MP3
Dual audio
B-frames
Video filters
Audio filters
Multithreading (multiprocessing)
Preferences in Avidemux
Capturing analog video with ffv1rec
Using AVSProxy, read AviSynth scripts
Tinypy Avidemux commands

Same would work for the first link: Navigation
link clear text: http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=using:main_window_-_qt_version#navigation

Gandalf

That page DOES show up as you say it should, but I didn't see anywhere on that page that referred to the "Scan for Black Frames..." option that I mentioned before (if I had seen it, I wouldn't be asking about it in the first place).

Jan Gruuthuse

QuoteNavigation
Go to previous black frame ââ,¬â€œ searching for black frames may take some time and may not be 100% accurate
Go to next black frame
So it reads something like this
This function is used to navigate to the next black frame in your video.
Black = no picture
Frame = where picture shows

only forward search is enabled, goto previous black frame is disabled: due to the nature of the 2.6 branch: time based editor and not frame based editor.

Gandalf

Thank you. Now, is there a way to remove audio gaps from appended files?

Jan Gruuthuse

by using the correct/proper cut/edit on video parts to join: only use up/down keyboard arrow keys and not left/right to select cut points.

Gandalf