--

Main Menu

Youtube Quicktime / AAC audio track

Started by T0BlAS, May 31, 2013, 10:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T0BlAS

Hi
I have 2 questions:

1. I have muxed a video from avi to mp4 in Avidemux. Then I have uploadet it on Youtube. After a few minutes I have got the following Message:

QuoteFor better results, adjust your quicktime settings to prepare videos for internet streaming. For more information, visit our help center. Klick here for more Infos.

I don't got the Message when I muxed the same video with MP4box (YAMB).

Are there errors in the MP4 muxer?

2. When I open a video and add seperatly an audio file in aac format (under Audio/Select Track/....Add audio Track), the audio doesn't play, whenn I start the video. When I reopen the Audio Tracks Configuration, to the right of the audio track is: AC3,3 chan,20kbps. But that must be aac stereo. It is recognized incorrectly. Is that a bug?

Therefore, the MP4 container does not export with following error: only MP3 and AAC allowed.

I have tested the 2 problems also with the new nightly version (r8704), but ther the same.

Jan Gruuthuse

Check if source video has AC3. If it does when source video is loaded. Select Avidemux Main Menu (textual) and from there: Audio: Select Track.
If multiple tracks in original video: disable ac3 track and move aac track to position 0.
If youtube problem persists use mp4v2 see if that works. Try this with small video sample.

T0BlAS

The source codec is AAC. I have tried it with .aac and .m4a. With .aac i got the error, that the file can not used as audio track. With .m4a i dont got the error, but when I reopen the following window,

you can see AC3.

Here are the results of MediaInfo:
.aac:

.m4a:

QuoteIf youtube problem persists use mp4v2 see if that works.
With mp4v2 I get the same Message on Youtube.

Jan Gruuthuse

Sorry those screen shots don't tell me anything.
What version of avidemux are you using?
QuoteLoad the first file in Avidemux
Append the rest, file by file
Set videostream to MPEG-4 AVC
Config its settings, the only important option you need to alter is encoding method. Set it to CRF (constant rate factor - for a constant video quality) and play with its value. I use 26 for stuff I want to play on my tv. If I upload something to YouTube I use 20. That creates a much larger file with of course much better quality and I only do that because YT re-compresses any uploaded video which means the quality of video and audio will suffer a second time (or even a third time if you don't record your Frapsvideos lossless). I think BluRay quality would be around 18.
Set audiostream to AAC (Faac).
Config its settings. 128 kb/s is enough. I think it's even its standard setting, so you can actually skip this step and not bother with the configuration.
Set container to MP4, save and you're done.
When saving files in Avidemux you need to append the file extension (mp4 in this case). The program won't do it. If you forget no worries as long as you remember what extension the file should have you can add it later via renaming the file in your explorer window.
source: Compressing with Avidemux from frapsforum

mean

Might be they want the fastrack mode, i.e. index put at the beginning
mp4v2 muxer does it if my memory is correct

T0BlAS

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 01, 2013, 01:53:04 PM
Sorry those screen shots don't tell me anything.
What version of avidemux are you using?

I'm using Version 2.6.4.

The images are meant for point 2:
At the first screen you can see: I have opened a track with aac codec (.m4a or .aac), but avidemux thinks its AC3 codec.

Jan Gruuthuse

Nothing can be done about that without a sample video! Upload video sample, max 20 MB in size, to web (mega, rapidshare, ...) and provide publicly available link to it. Perhaps developer has solution for this issue, if possible.

T0BlAS

I have uploadet the sample video here.

In the zip folder are 3 files:
- video without audio
- .aac audio file
- .m4a audio file

The Problem: I can't add the aac and m4a audio files into the video (who has no sound) using Avidemux 2.6.4.

(With the video file in the zip folder I got also the QuickTime message on youtube.)

Jan Gruuthuse

aac is ADTS 44.1 KHz, 2 channels AAC (Version 2) (LC)
m4a is MPEG-4 apple audio with itunes info
If you want audio from one of the above in the video clip.
Drag and drop one of these audio files on audacity with ffmpeg plug-in installed and export audio to wav. Use then this wav as track and encode audio as aac
the result is mp4 video with AAC (LC): mptestaac 15 MB dowload
My guess would be: there is a problem with AAC (Version 2), beyond me as user!

T0BlAS

Thank you for your suggestion. :D

But if a second program, its faster and lossless to use YAMB with MP4Box instead of audiacity. There I can use this aac tracks directly and mux it into a video.