"--save-raw-audio" is bugged in all 2.6.X versions but programmers does nothing

Started by pitoloko, June 07, 2013, 05:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitoloko

This is the eighth or ten time I reported this major bug over this and the past year,
as always I do not expect any developer will read this post, or comment it, fix it, or at least saying an offtopic ...but hey, I'm still insisting, like talking to a wall.

From versión 2.6 to 2.6.4 is it IMPOSSIBLE (NO WAY) to save a raw audio of an mp4 file.

avidemux_cli.exe "Test.mp4" --save-raw-audio "Test.aac"

To save the raw audio of my mp4 videos I still need to use Avidemux 2.5 cli version, so I don't expect to updgrade to any 2.6 version until this big problem is not solved, I only download the new releases with a little hope, I test the command with a random video, and then I delete the bugged release ' cause do not save any audio.

In version 2.5 CLI the command is working as expected.

Well... this is the output of the command above:
http://pastebin.com/YLpC8a0K
( can't pate it here... "The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (20000 characters)." )

And this is the Video Info:

General
Complete name                            : C:\Program Files (x86)\AviDemux\1.mp4
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : Base Media
Codec ID                                 : isom
File size                                : 860 MiB
Duration                                 : 23mn 24s
Overall bit rate                         : 5 133 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2013-02-13 00:15:00
Tagged date                              : UTC 2013-02-13 00:15:00
Writing application                      : Lavf53.32.100

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L5.0
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 5 frames
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 5 000 Kbps
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.096
Stream size                              : 837 MiB (97%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 129 r2245 bc13772
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=5 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=8 / psy=0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=36 / lookahead_threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc=2pass / mbtree=0 / bitrate=5000 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
Language                                 : English

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : 40
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 127 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Delay relative to video                  : 80ms
Stream size                              : 21.3 MiB (2%)
Language                                 : English

That's all... if someone will see my other 8 or ten posts (some of them are deleted I don't know why) without developer answers then search by my nickname in this forum.

Thanks for read.

pitoloko

[CLI] Unable to save "--save-raw-audio" ANYMORE using Avidemux 2.6.0 or 2.6.1   (Read 480 times)

Where are the mods?? I'VE FOUND A BIG BUG!!  (Read 668 times)

All the bad things and bugs about this program (AviDemux x86 2.6.3.8518)  (Read 317 times)

Any developer reply to this major bug?  (Read 381 times)

Near 1 year reporting the same bug, more than 2.000 readings (Counting the deleted topics...), less than 1 developer read, less than 1 fix.

Jan Gruuthuse

AAC cannot work as it needs a container (except ADTS), and raw audio does not provide one

- If you don't expect developers to read this, why do you even bother posting.
- You can upload larger files: 5 seconds duration or max 20 MB to web service like mega, rapidshare, ... and provide download publicly available link to it. Don't bother sending larger/longer files unless requested to do so.
- you can use 2.5.6 and 2.6 alongside.  Your choice to use both or not.
- if you want audio track: drag and drop video on to audacity with ffmpeg plug-in and export from there.

ps. my personal advice: come back over one year, when you changed your attitude and try again and ask polite/make a request.

pitoloko

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 07, 2013, 06:02:09 AMAAC cannot work as it needs a container (except ADTS), and raw audio does not provide one
Yes I readed that comment, but I  can't understand what he will mean, maybe that guy asked to me without reading... because as I said this works in 2.5 version, 2.5 version can save raw audio of all my AAC, so if that's true Avidemux 2.5 would not be able to save AAC audio.

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 07, 2013, 06:02:09 AM- If you don't expect developers to read this, why do you even bother posting.
For some reason exist this forum, not? What I said is true, developers does not read this forum, but what can I do if this is not the right place to report a bug?

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 07, 2013, 06:02:09 AM
- You can upload larger files: 5 seconds duration or max 20 MB to web service like mega, rapidshare, ... and provide download publicly available link to it. Don't bother sending larger/longer files unless requested to do so.

That's the same as if a garage tells you to put your car in a elevator to be able to load the car inside the garage.

this is a Avidemux forum, and can't post an Avidemux output 'cause exceed the character limit of the forum... is laughable... but I only did a suggestion to the administrator...

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 07, 2013, 06:02:09 AM
- you can use 2.5.6 and 2.6 alongside.  Your choice to use both or not.
- if you want audio track: drag and drop video on to audacity with ffmpeg plug-in and export from there.

Personally I use Avidemux for all the other operations with AVI/MP4/MOV video files, I'm a guy who don't want to keep 50 applications each to do one specific thing, 'cause Avidemux 2.5 can do this job, but 2.6.X can't, what I need (and so othe much people) is a fix.

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 07, 2013, 06:02:09 AMps. my personal advice: come back over one year, when you changed your attitude and try again and ask polite/make a request.
I like to see which attitude you or anyone can have if pass an entire year trying to receive an answer from someone who never seen but they are saying "hey come to our forum, we will solve your problems!", what I really like is that you try to understand my attitude, I have despite and outrage that stand with this issue, but I attempt to be respectful.

PS: Sorry 'cause my english

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: pitoloko on June 07, 2013, 06:18:15 AM
Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on June 07, 2013, 06:02:09 AMAAC cannot work as it needs a container (except ADTS), and raw audio does not provide one
Yes I readed that comment, but I  can't understand what he will mean, maybe that guy asked to me without reading... because as I said this works in 2.5 version, 2.5 version can save raw audio of all my AAC, so if that's true Avidemux 2.5 would not be able to save AAC audio.
Look @ Right hand column: Developer(s) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avidemux

pitoloko

I see, thanks, but I still saying the same, I can dump any AAC of any MP4 file with the command I've show above in version 2.5.

...That answer from "Mean" developer is not valid for me because himself has said something that is totally contradictory, because like I've said for 40Ã,ª time, it works perfectly in version 2.5, I'm not lying, anyone can try it.

Quote from: pitolokobecause as I said this works in 2.5 version, 2.5 version can save raw audio of all my AAC, so if that's true Avidemux 2.5 would not be able to save AAC audio.

I'm at the same point, I need to know why not works in 2.6.X and if this will gonna be fixed.

Jan Gruuthuse

Perhaps while 2.5 branch is frame editor and 2.6 is not? 2.5 routines don't mix well with 2.6?